Originally posted by akrump47:
This thread has gone from most worthwhile to most inconclusive evar! All I would like to know is what fluid to run that will prevent my 3rd gear syncros from destroying themselves a 3RD time in the future!

P.S. - warmonger, I'll PM you if I still decide to get rid of my MTL.

I hate to say it but the MTL gives the best shifting results of anything I have tried. It is so good for shifting that people with binding shift forks and previously ginding synchros reported that the problems went away with the MTL.
The oxidation of the case and the diff is a different matter and not related to shifting.
In fact, lets look at the actual facts:
The only issue is someone blew a stock diff on MTL ( go figure ) and then it looked like a lube problem.
Then we look at a TH built trans and see all kinds of dark metallic film over everything and sludge on the magnet. Now you have the same information we do, make your assumptions and make a decision!

Everything else is just opinion and opinions are like A-holes, everyone's got one and they all stink when something goes wrong.

war......

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black