Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 24 of 74 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 73 74
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Demon what would the Syncromesh fluid offer over the Ford Honey (or even the now maligned MTL)?

Any fluid named "Syncromesh" definitely seems interesting to me

T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Originally posted by DemonSVT:

That's not 100% proof but it's close.
It is infinitely more accurate then saying that the additive lets the syncros "bite" better because it reduces friction. (which has no logic to it of course)

From what I've read and posted earlier today it reduces drag in the ATF so it can bite. I previously thought it did cause the synch's to bite as was the main train of thought. There are so many things written about it it seems no one really has an answer.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by akrump47:
Demon what would the Syncromesh fluid offer over the Ford Honey (or even the now maligned MTL)?

Price. $5 per vs $20 per.

Both SyncroMesh and Ford's honey are high quality fluids.
Both have a great track record.

SyncroMesh is a synth blend while the Honey is a full synth. Advantage Ford.

Syncromesh works perfectly as is while Ford's needs the LSD additive. Advantage Syncromesh.

I did a little digging on Royal Purple's (RPs) SyncroMAX. It is a fully synthetic fluid they set up to be like GM Syncromesh. It looks very promising. It's $8 per quart.

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by RawDirte':

Some people are trying to learn from this...

Unfortunately most people are not.

They are blind lap dogs that believe almost anything that is fed to them without actually having valid proof.

The rarity is the people that have not ignorantly believed what has been spoutted and have done the research, work, fabrication, and projects themselves. These are the people that every one should be listening to. They are the ones that are not stuck in the past and behind glass ceilings because they can't think outside the box and can't see other people's real world data proving things otherwise.

The problem is that your "some" people make up a Very small percentage. I do applaud those people with all my heart. The rest...

The rest don't have the time or facility to try to reinvent the wheel ever time their car needs servicing. Call me crazy, but I did the research into who has the most experience and credentials to make informed judgements on the platform and what should and shouldn't be put into it. Maybe you can ratchet down the disparaging comments?

"Think of it, if you like, as a librarian with a G-string under the tweed." Clarkson on the Mondeo.
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
This makes no sense...

What are we supposed to do for those with Limited Slip Rears?
We still NEED Friction Modifier.

Pete... 2004 Mercury Marauder 300A Black Clearcoat/Dark Charcoal LEATHER DOB 10/31/2003 DOP 1/2/2004 www.mercurymarauder.net
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
So anyone know who first recommended the friction modifier? Seems it is a CEG urban myth that became fact/gospel. If we know who first recommended it maybe we can find out why?

More research suggests the FM bonds to organic materials (e.g. clutches in a LSD) that make clutch engagement smoother and less jerky, but might not have any effect on metals themselves.

Bottom line is I think it will take a chemical engineer to say what effect FM has on our trannies and whether its truly safe or not.

But I will repeat: Ford does not, and has not, ever, recommended FM in the MTX-75 no matter what ATF (dino or synthetic) you use. Ford has however, recommended the ford honey over dino ATF stright up, no friction modifier.

R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by RoadRunner:
This makes no sense...

huh? Who drives a contour with a limited slip rear?
And please, why do you think we NEED friction modifier?

M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Originally posted by rkneeshaw3.0:
This makes no sense...

He has a marauder and he needs the XM 7...they aren't going to discontinue it.

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
while Ford's needs the LSD additive.

What are you talking about? Didnt you just say a few posts back that you do not support additives such as friction modifier? And why does ford's honey need an additive for the LSD? (assuming you mean quaife and torsen)

R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoSho:
Originally posted by rkneeshaw3.0:
This makes no sense...

He has a marauder and he needs the XM 7...they aren't going to discontinue it.

Oh sorry, thought he was talking about 'tours

If you look at more info on the TSB it says the XL-7 is being discontinued, and customers are told to use a different fluid which is listed in the TSB. They're not left in the dark, the FM just isn't needed if they use the correct fluid apparently.

Page 24 of 74 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 73 74

Moderated by  RoadRunner_dup1, unisys12 

Link Copied to Clipboard