Originally posted by RTStabler51:
Originally posted by rkneeshaw3.0:
Originally posted by RTStabler51:
Originally posted by todras:

My point is, the only reason I'm seeing people use friction modifier is because people on the CEG recommended it. I haven't seen or heard of it in any of Fords documentation or recommendations for this transmission. If it was so great, why hasn't FORD recommended it in a TSB, or any official documentation?

Per Terry. Synth is good for helping 'cold shift' issues but does nothing to help the syncros which need friction to work, hence the friction mod additive.

http://autorepair.about.com/library/glossary/bldef-219.htm

The definition of what friction modifier does goes against the reasons for adding it. Why?

We add the FFM in the Lightnings rear diff so that the clutch packs in the limited slip aren't hurt. So, I'm assuming the FFM in the MTX-75, some how helps the blocking rings...

helps them by reducing friction? Its also not the reason given for adding it to the MTX-75 in the first place. I'm no trasmission or lube expert (hell, I'm barely a noob), but this is straight up old-fashioned simple reason.

I don't think it reduces friction, I think it in fact does the opposite, so that the clutch packs (RWD, Limited Slip) and the Blocking rings in the MTX-75 can get that extra 'bite'...

Can you back that up with any reference materials? I googled for awhile and could not find ANYTHING that says it ADDs friction. Everything said it reduces friction.