We add the FFM in the Lightnings rear diff so that the clutch packs in the limited slip aren't hurt. So, I'm assuming the FFM in the MTX-75, some how helps the blocking rings...

Originally posted by rkneeshaw3.0:
Originally posted by todras:
Originally posted by rkneeshaw3.0:

My point is, the only reason I'm seeing people use friction modifier is because people on the CEG recommended it. I haven't seen or heard of it in any of Fords documentation or recommendations for this transmission. If it was so great, why hasn't FORD recommended it in a TSB, or any official documentation?

Per Terry. Synth is good for helping 'cold shift' issues but does nothing to help the syncros which need friction to work, hence the friction mod additive.

http://autorepair.about.com/library/glossary/bldef-219.htm

I'm not putting friction modifier in my transmission until the explanations add up. Is XL-7 a magical friction modifer that ADDs friction instead of REDUCING friction?

The definition of what friction modifier does goes against the reasons for adding it. Why?

Maybe the same reason its not part of the TSB ford released for its ford honey. Maybe its the reason my syncros went bad when I did the Mobil 1 + FM cocktail. Maybe not. But I'm sticking to what the TSB from ford says in the meantime, and that is straight up Ford Honey, no other additives. And if were asked, I would recommend others do the same.

Ryan Trollin!