Originally posted by warmonger:
Originally posted by todras:
Originally posted by warmonger:

And some people aren't going to tell us a Non Ford recommended product is fine either; namely Ford reps, Pro Ford people and so on. What of it? That is why God gave us the ability to reason and think for ourselves.

OMG! Here we go again and again.

Sometimes a man's gotta do what a mans gotta do.

What do you want me to say? Lay over and agree with something that I don't believe? What kind of person would I be. I only argue using facts and logical assumptions from facts. I'm not stupid and if I see questions that are unanswered then why not voice them?
If I saw the condition of the tranny I would say:
"Self, why is this tranny so dirty?"
Then I would list off the three or four possibilities and slowly see if I can eliminate them. It is a version of the scientific method.
So again, I ask for the proof in the pudding so to speak on how it is definitively the MTL and not something else?
I see NOTHING that says it is the MTL. I see pictures and I hear just one possible explanation. I've already offered an alternative solution to the amount of material in the transmission and that is excessive wear from the LSD.
Are you saying that is dead wrong? And that it is for sure the MTL that caused it? How? Show me a method and I"ll follow along. Lead me to water and I'll drink, not this tripe.
How do I know that it wasn't the ATF fluid he used for Break-in purposes that caused the excessive wear and most of it settled when he flushed it. Did he run consecutive flushes? That is exactly what happened on my own Torsen Diff. I broke it in with dyno ATF with XL-3 friction modifier. The stuff was putrid when I took it out after hardly a month,. terrible petroleum smell to it! There was all kind of blackish fluid that came out with it. I flushed it using two flushes, one quick one with ATF and then Redline MTL. Voila, noise quieted down and the severe wear dropped off. 1.5 years later the transmission was in pretty darn good shape.
From these real experiences I honestly believe the ATF is the worst thing for these differentials.
I don't think it matters much for the stock gearbox but with an LSD this is different.

I didn't use ATF for my break it. I used redline...then flushed it...then refilled. I also didn't use a frixn modifier.

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!