Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoSho:
I see no way for mosture to have gotten into the case of my trans. I also fail to see how the quaife had the oxidation prior to the MTL being introduced to the trans. I'm prob just going to give up on this thread. Believe what you want...of course the guy isn't going to tell us that the stuff is fine...he works for the company. Regardless of what he actually may believe, he would prob give a positive answer to save face. I will never run MTL again and I will tell my friends to stay away from it if their trans is not too dissimilar from ours. I don't see much of a conclusion to this discussion...at any point...ever.

And some people aren't going to tell us a Non Ford recommended product is fine either; namely Ford reps, Pro Ford people and so on. What of it? That is why God gave us the ability to reason and think for ourselves.

BTW, there is a transmission vent on every transmission. It allows the air to come in and out as the heated fluid expands; otherwise the seals will blow out and leak. Plugged vents blowing seals has happened before. This is how the transmission will pull in moisture, from humid air every time it cools down. Also since it is cooling down the moisture just sits there until the next startup where it is boiled off. Ala rust.
I don't think the Redline Tech is saying that the diff was rusted. I read it as the higher wear of a friction based LSD is generating higher wear rates on the metal and generating a higher level of particles in the oil. His comment on rust is just a secondary observation. Don't forget that rusty metal is DARK when oiled, NOT red. Try penetrating oil on a rusted bolt and compare.
All I can say is that an LSD equiped transmission will need more frequent flushing due to the nature of the beast, at least once per year. Without a filter system what can you expect in any transmission? What would you expect in an ATX without a filter??? In fact that is indirect evidence to my statements on ATF filled ATX's also generating the same kind of paste, else why use a filter?
Metal parts in a metal on metal environment wear out. Hence cylinder walls and rings go out, gears wear down...it is natural. Frequent servicing to remove particulates helps. Anyone using an LSD in their contour is after performance and beats on it more than the normal driver...especially considering normal drivers won't fork out for the increased costs.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black