Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 74 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 73 74
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoSho:

Todd where is the photo of your car hitting mine because the e brake didn't work?

Needs more funny. Does work. Didn't have it on because I haven't replaced the front cable in the 3 sections it entails. I wouldn't call it hit but ok.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by todras:
Originally posted by warmonger:

3.)Also, rainbow coloration on the gear teeth? I'll have to see a much better photo than that one before I agree that it is there as we can't really see it;

Yea okay. I think you're the only one that can't see it. Even blurry it's plain as the nose on my face on my monitor. Get off the Tandy 1000.

hey for the record i cant see it.... ....oh wait...maybe its because im color blind.....seriously i am....

2000 Contour SVT #1567
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Another pic of the the tempured gearing. Zoomed in from this pic.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
T
I have no life
I have no life
T

You know I've opened up many transmissions and unless the transmission was recently cleaned...less than a year on the fluid, they all have that same slightly dark residue, many about as bad. My factory fill had the same crap with almost as much sludge but with a stock differential!
After 1.5 years of MTL I had minor build up on the magnet though I did flush my trans after break-in.

Many MTX-75's? Thought you only opened yours once you said. My MTX-75 didn't coated like that on the inside at 130k. Ask Blackbird racing what fluid he had in his MTX-75? He had a new stock diff. put in in what April/May of this year? He blew the 2nd diff. in like 5 months. Now we weren't in the car to see his driving habits but I'm guessing the MTL blocked the oil passages and wore it right down like Rawburt's to the point it snapped when he dropped the clutch. Again it's not a completely controlled theory. Sounds pretty strange to me though.

J
JB1 Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by ToTalXS:
Originally posted by todras:

3.)Also, rainbow coloration on the gear teeth? I'll have to see a much better photo than that one before I agree that it is there as we can't really see it;

Yea okay. I think you're the only one that can't see it. Even blurry it's plain as the nose on my face on my monitor. Get off the Tandy 1000.

hey for the record i cant see it.... ....oh wait...maybe its because im color blind.....seriously i am....

+1...lol

00 black/tan svt, #2052 of 2150, born 2/1/00 formerly known as my csvt "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than a sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King, Jr.
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
DanGTO: oh, my trans is aluminum case and I run regular motor oil in the trans in it now. so we'll see. I never stated that the trans failed due to redline like this one guy likes to point out "one sided", just that there is sludge there, not present when the original volvo fluid was removed, and the magnet only had actual metal...no sludge with the original oil. Just for the record, since that guy thinks it is all one sided.

DanGTO: shifter tower under the cap on the main trans body was BLACK, with the MTL. The filter on the overdrive was coated in it as well, under the access cover

Hopefully he can get registered and be an active participant in this. Would be nice to see other opinions from other types of vehicles.

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoSho:
just that there is sludge there, not present when the original volvo fluid was removed. Just for the record

Again.

E
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
MODS: Whoever has the power is it possible to change the name of this stickied thread to something that more closely resembles what information the thread contains?? It might make it easier for people who search and find it to get the information. Just a thought. Thanks.

** Mike ** "You might beat me in a straight line, but I'll embarass you in the turns"
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Todd. My trans has beeen opened a total of 3 times.
First time by Ford under warranty but I got to see it and it was terrible. They replaced synchronizers because I complained of a 5th gear grind.
The trans was ok for a while till later I busted a shift cable. Eventually I pulled it to replace those and for a Torsen Diff. The day I put the Torsen in I had abnormal noise from other Torsens, I even posted about it and contacted Torsen. At that time I had been running Torco synthetic and it looked pretty good though the shift forks were screwed.
I ran MTL this last time and the longest. I put it in after the ATF+friction modifier I was running at first. All I can say is when I pulled it apart two months ago to do some refinements to my shift tower and check out my differntial it looked fine, no rainbow coloring on the gears but it did have some dark residue but much better than his. I sent it into Torsen for service on the noise and they were kind enough to maintenance it at no cost to me also because I specifically talked with them on recommended lubricants two years ago when I first put it in with the noise. It seems there were some burrs on one of the planet gears.
Anyway, diff sounds great right now, no noise at all.

I don't know what else to say and maybe he is right.
That last picture looks more convincing over every other picture that was presented.
Please tell Terry he has my appologies for casting a dim light on the other photos. Maybe I responded too quick to the original message, we'll see. I am going to wait for Redlines response and a response from Torsen before I pick one side or the other and when I get the information I will post them as an objective post, not sided. In the meantime I am going to try out Mobile One synthetic or the Ford Honey and see how the Diff performs after its service as well as the shifting.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
R
RawBurt Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Any thoughts on running royal purple synchromax?

Page 14 of 74 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 73 74

Moderated by  RoadRunner_dup1, unisys12 

Link Copied to Clipboard