Quote:

1.)If that one transmission used Ford Honey, WHY IS THE FLUID ON THE BEARING RACE FRIGGIN RED?

2.)Why on the one with the straight ATF are there wipe marks on the inside of the case?
3.)Also, rainbow coloration on the gear teeth? I'll have to see a much better photo than that one before I agree that it is there as we can't really see it; I'll also have to see a photo of it before it was rebuilt by Terry to insure that it wasn't preexisting, meaning caused by the usage and fluid formerly used before he worked on it. That coloration won't go away so it would have stayed there up to now even if it was preexisting.

As an objective 3rd party,

1. the transmission using honey did not appear to have any red atf.

2. He stated that in all fiarness he had wiped them lightly, but I do believe it would have taken quite a bit of cleaning to match pete's car, and it REALLY did not appear that they were thoroughly cleaned. Keep in mind that these transmissions had quite a bit more mileage.

3. I would agree with the statement that the discoloration could have been caused before, but it was blatant in person.

I also have to add that my initial reaction at seeing these pictures was that they did not do the difference between the transmissions justice.

98 3.0 svt: Sold