Originally posted by rkneeshaw3.0:
I'm no expert, but if the lube was the problem causing the build up, I think it woudl be seen in more places than JUST that diff pin.

Someone using their brain I see. Yes it would. The syncros would all be completely shot because without lubrication they would fail first. The oil (or lack there of) is not going to subjectively starve just one spot

Those pictures todras posted show damage from broken spider gears. TYPICAL MTX DIFF FAILURE. Hello sheep. Wake the hell up!

What happens when METAL PIECES constantly grind into the bearings and spindles for a prolonged time??? Oh yeah. Extreme wear happens like in the pictures.

Yes I am being overly sarcastic but the majority of the damn sheep on this board need their head beat in order to get any sense in it.

I ran MTL in my MTX-75 for well over a year (from Jan 01 to Sep 03)
When I tore my MTX apart there was absolutely ZERO FLUID BREAK DOWN & Negligable wear!!!

My bet for this over blown media style sensationalism going completely assinine is that someone added a "transmission fix" type additive or an high pressure LSD additive to the transmission at some point. Those types of additives cause exactly the type of build up that was described.

BTW (sorry Terry) - if Terry states that EP additive is bad for the MTX then why is he still recommending the cocktail as an option??? That's what the XM-7 is. It is an Extreme Pressure anti-chatter additive used for REAR WHEEL DRIVE differentials.

Another BTW - I've been against the cocktail (LSD additive) for years myself. ATF does a poor enough job protecting harsh gear engagement without being broken down by it. Feel free to search too if you want, it's there.

Man some times this site just tires me out. Too many f'n lemmings following each other off the cliff at the drop of a hat.
It's a very good thing a few people on here (and not on here anymore) actually don't listen to what can't be done or is not possible.
You know, I really need a break from this crap.

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.