This post with responses from the experts is making my head spin and my blood boil. Last I checked Terry wasn't getting any endorsement fees trying to sell everyone on Ford honey or Mobil 1. You guys can say what you want about him but he knows his sh!t. Who on here has torn down and rebuilt 100's of tranny's? That's right. NO ONE! He is telling everyone what his findings are. He benefits from none of it in these lube type matters. Hell if I were him I'd tell ppl to use MTL so their tranny will degrade quicker so he can make more $. Robert is letting everyone know Terry's findings so lay off! The reason the MTL is not a lube I would use is shown in the following pictures.

This is what a stock diff. for those that don't know.

This diff/tranny above was run on MTL for 1 year. Notice the extreme spider gear wear?!! He's lucky the pin didn't go. Doesn't really matter since it's toast either way.

This is what Roberts parts looked like

Notice the normal diff. pin for comparison. Those 2 planet gears ride on the diff pin. Notice the 2 machined notches in the pin? That's where the planet gears sit. Those 2 notches are there for a reason. FOR LUBE FOR THE PLANET GEARS. NO LUBE THE GEARS WILL EAT THE PIN as shown here. The MTL is pasting up and not allowing for the lube to flow under the planet gears. Yes Roberts trans had 100k before he switched. Even with the stock fluid in there for so long it would not have caused this jind of damage. The Ford Honey was engineered my a German outfit specifically for the MTX-75. You think that Ford would just throw any off the shelf lube if they could? Sure would save them a boat load of $. The MTL has high EP. EP is found in axle lubes and smells just like rotten pu$$y. The same smell that is found in MTX-75's that run this. Demon & warmonger you really know your stuff in some aspects but in this repect I'm not agreeing one bit. I've never been so fired up over anything on this board before but I'm putting my foot down.

BOTTOM LINE. GO AHEAD AND USE MTL BUT DON'T COME BITCHING WHEN THINGS GO SOUTH. TERRY RECOMMENDS FORD HONEY OR MOBIL 1 WITH FRICTION MODIFIER. THE DIFF PIN IN THE PIC THAT IS STILL SOLID WAS OUT OF A TRANNY WITH MOBIL 1. WHATS A FEW EXTRA $ FOR FORD HONEY IN A $1000 TRANNY? ROBERTS TRANNY SAT IN THE DUNK TANK FOR 2.5 HRS TO GET THE RESIDUE OUT. A NORMAL TRANS. TAKES 1 HOUR!

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me