Originally posted by RawDirte':
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
Anybody that doesn't know their own vehicle's maintenance history, shouldn't have much of a say in this.

I'm thinking it's just coincidence that the diff blew in your tranny Robert. It's like buying a used car w/ 100k miles on it, immediately changing the oil, and the engine blowing up. Do you blame the Valvoline oil that you put in it? No, as you don't know what was put in it before. Until there is some significant data, showing that Redline MTL is the reason for your diff shattering, I don't think people should be so quick to jump to conclusions.

Mark

I have put almost 30k miles on it. And that is true, I do not know the previous maintenence records. That is completely out of my control. Thats why I kind of went crazy with it. No where did I say that the MTL is the reason why my diff went on me, and if I did say it... Let me take it back because I did not mean it.

I still think you guys are missing the point here. All you guys are hearing is what you want to hear... "If you use Redline MTL, then you will ruin your diff." NO, that is not what I said!!! When I switched to the MTL, i noticed metal shavings in the fluid when draining it. It was not much, but enough to show that there was wear. The mix of the MTL, and metallic flakes creating a paste DID NOT help my diff and a prolonged life. Upon cracking open my trans, that was found, significant and strange wear. Also found on other MTL users transmissions. These are not my grounds to stand up and preach about it. Go to FCO and read about it!

How about the fact that you never flushed the goopy fluid out the first time, changed fluid, then when the metal came out with the thinner/cleaner fluid you ended up blaming the new fluid for the fault of the old fluid and lack of maintenance????

Is this even remotely possible in any way in your mind??
Is it even remotely possible that your diff still would have blown if you had used ATF? Or that fresh clean ATF would have started to break up the sludge and flushed it out when you changed it???
Has this ever occured to you? C'mon, you posted the other stuff like it was fact....what about these questions???

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black