Page 4 of 74 1 2 3 4 5 6 73 74
#1379889 09/08/05 09:09 AM
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by RawDirte':
blocking oil from the diff.

Im no Terry h. but i have pulled and split my own tranny on my kitchen table, and im curious how you can block fluid from getting to the diff?

98 csvt t-red.. sho-shop intake, b&m, fidanza, spec1 clutch, Torsen, DMD,optimized Y& TB, Brullen, rear strut bar,h&r's,17" konig traffik's. "I say what I mean and I do what i say"
#1379890 09/08/05 12:07 PM
R
RawBurt Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by DemonSVT:
100k+ miles on the orignal fluid.

Then changed to a fully synthetic manual trans lube for only 4-5 months. (read the FAQs anyone)

Transmission fails and it's 100% because of the fluid in it the last 4-5 months.

Your story reeks of a completely more logical answer. That being neglect from running non-protecting ATF for 6-7 years & 100k+ miles in it.

'nuff said

I HAVE ONLY HAD MY CAR FOR ABOUT A YEAR. I CHANGED IT BECAUSE I DID NOT KNOW OF ANY PREVIOUS MAINTENENCE RECORDS! Maybe the larger text will help you to understand that, becuase it seems that you are trying to pick any and every little thing out of my posts! LIke I said, if you have an issue with me PM ME!!!!!!!!! I am not taking any sides here! For the last time, I made this post so you guys at least look into it... You people need to get a hold of yourselves!!!

#1379891 09/08/05 12:11 PM
R
RawBurt Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by dubkatz:
Originally posted by RawDirte':
blocking oil from the diff.

Im no Terry h. but i have pulled and split my own tranny on my kitchen table, and im curious how you can block fluid from getting to the diff?

LUBE IS SUSPENDING DEBRIS AND THIS 'PASTE' IS BLOCKING OFF THE 'OIL FEED" FLATS TO THE BEARING AREAS

#1379892 09/08/05 12:34 PM
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Seems to me like a preventable potential failure route. Like, it may never happen to you but leaving the Redline in means it could. You measure your own risk threshold.

"Think of it, if you like, as a librarian with a G-string under the tweed." Clarkson on the Mondeo.
#1379893 09/08/05 01:26 PM
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
I'd like to see demon and terry discuss this for the benefit of everyone. Obviously we want to make sure terry's observations are justifiably based on the lube alone, and not some other facter. It would be sad to use a great oil as a scapegoat.

Demon, do you have an account on FCO to post in that thread?

#1379894 09/08/05 03:28 PM
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by rkneeshaw3.0:
I'd like to see demon and terry discuss this for the benefit of everyone. Obviously we want to make sure terry's observations are justifiably based on the lube alone, and not some other facter. It would be sad to use a great oil as a scapegoat.

Demon, do you have an account on FCO to post in that thread?

It would be nice but hi, if I want to see two rams butting heads, I'll watch Wild America. Besides, it seems to me like they're already debating, since Terry's last post seemed to almost directly address Demon's viscosity comments.

"Think of it, if you like, as a librarian with a G-string under the tweed." Clarkson on the Mondeo.
#1379895 09/08/05 03:57 PM
H
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
H
I just read the thread from FCO and I believe Terry is suggesting that you/me/all stay away from Redline MTL in this application.

From Terry's last post -
"...don't get hung up on the viscosity of the lubes here...the MTL appears to have the same additives as a hypoid gear oil that is designed for extreme pressure,which the MTX75 does NOT need.The fact that the MTL carries debris all round the trans appears to be the issue.Just smell MTL and smell a hypoid gear oil...same,then take a smell of Ford XT-M5-QS....the Ford lube does not come close to the others in smell.This is an additive issue....and again an MTX75 does not need ANY 'EP' additives as the MTX75 has none of it's gears with a hypoid gear 'cut'.Also woth noting is that an 'EP' lube with a Quaife or Torsen will REDUCE the effectiveness of the ATB diff.An ATB diff balances torque to each side by the friction 'end load' of the spiral cut diff pinions pressing on the diff carrier case.Using an 'EP" lube will reduce the end thrust friction of these pinions on the case and affetct the torque bias...not good. "

'98 SVT Red/midnight blue - a few mods E0 wheels for sale - PM me
#1379896 09/08/05 04:48 PM
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by rkneeshaw3.0:
I'd like to see demon and terry discuss this for the benefit of everyone.

I'm guessing the sun will blow up before they have a public discussion for the benefit of everyone.

I read Terry's thread and it's very interesting. Not to discredit Demon but Terry has alot more experience with the MTX-75 and especially with broken ones.

What we really need is some sort of list/database of people who have opened up their transmissions, what parts were broken, what fluids were run and for how long, driving style, mileage, etc. I'm curious if Demon or others with the MTL fluid have opened up their boxes since running it. What is the condition of the Vs peope running ATF and friction modifier or Ford fluids.

Also people on this site have said not to run MTL if you have damaged transmission components, so that could be a factor too (perhaps componetnts were damaged but driveability symptoms wern't noticeable yet)

#1379897 09/08/05 05:36 PM
M
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
M
I'd be curious in the final answer... but it sounds like the original fluid had coagilated (sp?) before the MTL was put in (maybe the MTL loosened up the original gunk).

I got my car with 17.7k miles. I put MTL in at 20k, changed it at 30k, and just changed it at 40k. I run it HARD anytime i'm on the road, and also do monthly (sometimes bi-monthly) autocrosses.

So, I'm concerned, but doubtful.

morbid 2000 Contour SVT (black)
#1379898 09/08/05 06:41 PM
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Anybody that doesn't know their own vehicle's maintenance history, shouldn't have much of a say in this.

I'm thinking it's just coincidence that the diff blew in your tranny Robert. It's like buying a used car w/ 100k miles on it, immediately changing the oil, and the engine blowing up. Do you blame the Valvoline oil that you put in it? No, as you don't know what was put in it before. Until there is some significant data, showing that Redline MTL is the reason for your diff shattering, I don't think people should be so quick to jump to conclusions.

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
Page 4 of 74 1 2 3 4 5 6 73 74

Moderated by  RoadRunner_dup1, unisys12 

Link Copied to Clipboard