Originally posted by demonsvt:
Your story reeks of a completely more logical answer. That being neglect from running non-protecting ATF for 6-7 years & 100k+ miles in it.

not that my opinion matters but i comletely agree. if mtl were to blamethen why only two and why only now?

Originally posted by RawDirte':

1. As far as I know it had stock fluid, whatever that may be. I am unsure.

2. I have no records of previous changing. Thats why I did it.

3. The MTL was in for probably 4 to 5 months.

4. That was the first time I (myself) changed it. Like I said I dont know about anything that happened before.

5. From what I heard, they are breaking the same way. The MTL is gunking up into a paste mixed around with metallic flakes and blocking oil from the diff.

My diff has seen some abuse by me. But nothing to bad, I mean just some spirited driving every now and then. Yes it had 103K on it and it was probably time to go... But I'm not thinking that the MTL helped too much... I mean a couple months after I put it in... Come'on... others experiencing the same. I am just trying to look out for you guys. LOOK INTO IT!

so as far as you know the fluid may never have been changed even once in about 100k miles and then we are going to suddenly blame redline? there has to be more to the story. my question is, if redline mtl is too think being a 70w-80 gear oil then why is ford recommending an 80w gear oil?

specs on fords honey, note three under the manual transmission fluid chart

redline mtl product info

terry's thread on this subject

Last edited by JB1; 09/08/05 04:55 AM.

00 black/tan svt, #2052 of 2150, born 2/1/00 formerly known as my csvt "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than a sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King, Jr.