Originally posted by RawDirte':
Originally posted by DemonSVT:
Originally posted by RawDirte':
I'm not the only one who this has happened to. Honestly, I could care less what you use. All I did was state what happened to me and others. Hence my title 'Watch out' letting others know to just be careful. No reason to rip into me like that...

Yes there is because your statement is complete and utter sensationalism.
You should be in a the media. You would be perfect for making up bullsh~t and trying to place the blame anywhere but where it belongs. ON YOU & ON THE PEOPLE WHO DESIGNED THE MTX-75.

Good lord, you are obviously missing the point. If you would like to discuss it further then PM me. But there is no reason to clutter up this thread with your attacks.

I will agree that Demons comments were out of hand, in both of his responses, but you did the right thing and invited any other discussion over his disagreemnet with you should be done through PMs only. And I will second that.

Back on topic...

I think before we start jumping to conclusions here, we need to find out some facts about the trannys in question. Like...

1) What fluid did they have in the tranny before?

2) How long had the old fluid been in the tranny before the change-over to MTL?

3) How long had the MTL been in the tranny, before the failure?

4) Did the person change the fluid on a regular basis and/or what intervals had the fluid been changed?

5) When the dif's broke, were there any differences in the breaks and in what ways were they different?

Those are just a few of the questions that I would ask myself if this had happened to me. Granted, Terry has probably answered these questions in his forum, but I am just wondering for myself. Because before we go off and denote a product line as a bad thing for our trannys, which almost everyone here has had good results with until now, we should have some proof first.

This is in no way an attempt to dis any of Terrys opinions, but I feel that before a post is made saying that a product has caused a failure, then there needs to be some proof to back up the claims.

Phillip Jackson `98 Mystique LS 262K+ and counting... ATX rebuilt @ 151K "This storm has broken me, my only friend!" RIP Dime