OK im sorry i keep putting in bits and pieces of info in different posts.

From TSB Summary:
"
Should a customer express concern about flickering headlamps, wavering illumination of the instrument cluster, interior lighting and audio unit at low ambient temperatures when starting and at idle in the first few minutes after starting the engine, the probable cause is an extremely high resistance in the battery wiring harness from the central junction box (CJB) in the engine compartment to the B+ terminal on the generator. To rectify the concern, an additional generator/battery cable should be installed."

From what i understand from reading other posts, the lead that you cut is the REFERENCE VOLTAGE wire used by the Voltage regulator on the Alternator to regulate voltage output of the alternator itself. So, if the REFERENCE VOLTAGE wire within the harness is at an extremely high resistance, this would cause the alternator output to oscillate, thus causing flickering. follow me? so our new wire is basically taking a shortcut, instead of going through the junction box under the fuse box.

the battery light will NOT stay on! i should have taken pics when i did it. i thought everyone knew about since it had been posted here before. maybe it was a really old post i read, the post on NECO is from 9/03.

let me know if you have other q's

MOD: Maybe this thread should be a sticky.

Last edited by GoldenTour; 09/07/05 04:05 PM.

~Crystian 2000 Se sport 2001 Lightning(Sorry!your mom cant come with us)