Page 2 of 2 1 2
#1378485 09/06/05 02:36 AM
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by stilov:
Originally posted by Bk4293L:
Ship it to Terry, get it done right the first time, with better parts!!!

I like how you 'think' you know something.

How do you know better parts? What's Terry's warranty? Is he local?

I am not saying don't ship it to Terry. I just think people need to really so research before handing out advice.

Woah, calm down there Taylor

Like I pointed out, there are so many revisions in the OEM parts for the MTX75 that MANY shops use the wrong components together. No one knows the MTX75 as Terry Haines does, I would bet my left nut. He charges $400 flat labor and sells all the parts at his cost.

My trans was kissed! It had a toasted 1st gear syncro and a FUBAR'd gear, and 2nd and 3rd wasn't much better. He actually installed all the best components, all new bearings, added the correct zetec final drive (about $250 alone, which I forgot to mention before) along with all the other parts I mentioned before. I even butted heads with the guy while he was doing my trans, and I still speak highly of his work.

But, since time is an issue it doesn't seem that Dani-boy can wait that long for an HMS trans. Taylor's advice seems to be apt for his situation.

2005 Ford F150 SuperCab FX4 1964 Chevrolet Impala SS 1998 CSVT: 354HP/328TQ @ 10 psi, now gone
#1378486 09/06/05 03:21 AM
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Don't get me wrong Daymon...I am sure Terry does a great job...

I just get tired of people making claims and stating opionions as fact.

Not you, just many people. I actually went through the updates with this company and they fully rebuild the tranny...not just fix what is wrong...they use Ford parts, and do all the upgrades...except for the zetec drive.

It's just that there are so many people that don't research, but make claims as if they have...that's all.

I really am not mad...I just like to get people thinking on their own.

98 E0 SVT with some stuff
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Keyser Soze 

Link Copied to Clipboard