I briefly had a 1987 Toyota Corolla FX16 handed over to me from my father's coworker in exchange for a measly $200.

8 gallons of gas and that sucker would go over 300 miles. It shook, rattled, had a hole in the muffler so it was extremely loud, and AC wasn't even an option back then. The crank window on the driver side would sometimes fall off track and the wheels were "massive" 13s. Didn't even know that it had one quart of oil in it when I got it but it was running fine. The hatch would pop open in the middle of pulling into my driveway for no particular reason and girls wouldn't come anywhere near it. Even Roger's Compound would have trouble shining it up with the condition the paint was in.

But man, that damn car had the most awesome sound system a friend of mine and I installed. And geez, I could sing it at 7000 RPM all day long while traversing the backwoods on a bumpy dirt trail at 50 MPH and even with over 225,000 miles it WOULD NOT die. Toyotas of yore were some serious troopers of their time.

-SAV

Troll. 1997 VW Jetta MkIII GLS 5spd All hail my appearance on CEG!