The ONLY benefit to installing a turbo in the rear of the vehicle would be the removal of the heat underhood. If it is such a big deal, wrap all of your exhaust components with exhaust wrap and put some exhaust vents in your hood. (Coolness meets functionality) Turbo response is delayed by putting the turbo at the end of the exhaust system. The exhaust gas has to push it's way ENTIRELY down the exhaust system and through the cat before it can connect with the turbine wheel and make it spin quicker. THERE IS A DELAY HERE. Not to mention the additional 5-6 feet worth of intake piping that has to be routed all over the car or next to the HOT exhaust pipe before it can be run into the engine without intercooling. Now if you still want to intercool your intake charge which would be STRONGLY reccommended, your adding all sorts of more piping in and still having to cut up the front of your car for the intercooler. Which further increases lag by creating alot more area to pressurize. Lets not forget the length of oil line your going to have to install, I am sure a line that long would probably tax the oilpump in the engine somewhat. WHAT IF YOU RUN OVER SOMETHING?!?!? Say - A RECAP? The one I ran over managed to remove the exhaust system and my rear bumper plus puncture my gastank in one fell swoop. I can just imagine if I had a rear mounted turbo. If the recap didn't destroy the turbo, I bet the tractor trailer that ran over my exhaust would have. I would much rather have my turbo UNDERHOOD where it is safely out of harms way, is easier to work on and doesn't require a lift anytime I need to look at it. Beneficial? A better choice? The only benefit your swapping here is the removal of heat from underhood and exchanging it for alot of extra work, a lot of extra components in strange places that have to be checked frequently for road hazard damage and a slower responding power adder. But to each thier own. (At least I didn't say it was stupid)

95 Contour, Custom EVO bodykit, 2.0l, PNP Focus head, Stage 2 cams, Je pistons, Eagle rods, 4in1header, 2.5" header back exhaust(complete stainless), D P nitrous, ram air intake, 10mm wires, flamethrower.