Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
K
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
K
Just curious what everyone has done or will do if/when the gas prices continue to rise. Because I have the Crossfire and my "beater" insured at the same time, this is what I'm thinking about doing. Seeing that the Regal takes regular I was thinking about letting the Crossfire sit for a week. Then the following week, drive the Crossfire. On the week I drive the Crossfire my wife may let her Ranier sit and then drive the Regal to work and use it to do her route. She gets paid about $80.00 a month and in her truck thats about a tank and half This will save me a little bit of money, but thats not really what its all about. MY thinking is this, if it gets any higher, and its supposed to, it will not come as much of a shock when I put my plan into action, kinda of a "premtive strike" So lets hear what you guys are thinking about doing

"THEE" Roger R USMondeo@aol.com 2005 Crossfire Limited coupe' -FOR SALE @buyout price & I'll... -throw in my 93' Regal as winter car *Dragon Run 06'...Oct 12-15th* Puur-fection Auto Detailing Complete packages from $140.00
M
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
M
i'm not thinking about doing anything. the prices suck, but certainly won't be keeping food off the table. we'll probably just drive to more fuel efficient car when the "wife" and i go places together. though i am pondering making my CR250 street legal. though the savings in fuel might be offset by the oil i'll have to pre-mix at every fillup.

02 Mustang GT... Tuned by Nelsons. Low 12's, anyone? .....______ ___|______\_____ |/-\_________/-\_| .\_/...............\_/
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
I'm driving my ranger for most of the time, 4 banger econo fuel.

~Alex Ex- SVT Driver627 MUST SELL!!!LOCAL: Pre-98 MOLDED trunk Polk db speakers Corolla parts LED Underbody Kit PM 2000 Green CSVT gone on 2/17/06 2001 Toyota Corolla (SHE RUNS!!!) 1989 Mustang LX 5.0
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
I drive my Lesabre pretty much all week. The WRX is a weekend/pleasure car now.

04 Subaru WRX "Eurosport bling bling fast and furious tokyo drift" "They have diarrhea of the mouth, and constipation of thought"
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
yup, same fore me

~Alex Ex- SVT Driver627 MUST SELL!!!LOCAL: Pre-98 MOLDED trunk Polk db speakers Corolla parts LED Underbody Kit PM 2000 Green CSVT gone on 2/17/06 2001 Toyota Corolla (SHE RUNS!!!) 1989 Mustang LX 5.0
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
I have a 5 mile commute to work. 10 miles a day.

I'm not gonna do anything different.

I feel bad for everyone else tho. (Glad I don't deliver pizzas anymore!!)

I live in Detroit, I couldn't give a **** how good my car is in the "twisties." "I could use a hundred people who don't know there is such a word as impossible." ~Henry Ford
K
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
K
Originally posted by WRX Barge:
I drive my Lesabre pretty much all week. The WRX is a weekend/pleasure car now.

You have a LeSabre now, what year is it? Maybe you, Pete and I can start a Buick club The Regal gets about the same mileage as the Crossfire, but thats not the problem. The problem is using premium and yes, I know its only .20 cents more a gallon, but its starting to add up and I wanna "tighten my belt" just incase it gets waaaaaaaaaaay out of hand, thats all

BTW, check your tires air pressure, every little bit helps guys

"THEE" Roger R USMondeo@aol.com 2005 Crossfire Limited coupe' -FOR SALE @buyout price & I'll... -throw in my 93' Regal as winter car *Dragon Run 06'...Oct 12-15th* Puur-fection Auto Detailing Complete packages from $140.00
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Well gas prices have risen just in time for classes to start. Which is when my commute goes from 2 miles round trip to work, to 20 miles round trip to school .

I prolly wont change much tho, ill still be flooring it all around town. Only thing i might do is start commuting to school with a friend of mine... whats an hours wait in the morning before class to save money anyway!

Alex '99 SVT Contour -=|WANTED: Vortech, working or not |=-
S
Captain Impound Boy
Captain Impound Boy
S
thinkin about riding the BIKE nonstop!

50+ mpg owns!!!

then when it sells im gonna get a [censored] Festiva
then when the engine goes its SHOgun time!

T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
aren't you riding the bike that'd be frowned upon something terrible if you got pulled.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  WorldTour_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard