Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 36 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 35 36
S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
One other nearby event that is already on the calendar is the SVTOA on-track event at Autobahn Country Club in Joliet, IL. It is scheduled May 20-21. They conflicted last year too (and I went to the track, as did WorldTour and Hdbngr8) so let's try to not make them conflict again this year.

Bob Johann SoundQ SVT 1998 T-Red SVT Contour #3088 2001 IASCA Pro Street 1-600 Champion 2002 SLAP Pro Street 1-600 Champion 2002 MECA SQL Master Class Champion 2003 IASCA StreetX 1-600 Champion 2005 SLAP Expert Street Champion
Y
Y2KSVT Offline OP
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Originally posted by SoundQ SVT:
One other nearby event that is already on the calendar is the SVTOA on-track event at Autobahn Country Club in Joliet, IL. It is scheduled May 20-21. They conflicted last year too (and I went to the track, as did WorldTour and Hdbngr8) so let's try to not make them conflict again this year.

Oh boy!! Spring Zing is now being converted to Winter Zing! We'll schedule for December 06, where I boubt anybody has any other car events to go to. Again, we're not going to be able to please every CEG'er, we're only 2 people trying to setup a kickass event. If it conflicts with another car show, a race event, your vacation, your prescheduled meeting with the Pope, we can't help it. We're going to try and schedule it in a way that it conflicts with the LEAST amount of CEG'ers, and so we can't make any promises. At this point, we can schedule it at any time, since we obviously aren't using Muncie Dragway. Remember, we've got to book hotels(tough to do in the spring with everybody getting married), schedule an auto-X, time at the dyno, make time to hit the dragstrip, and hope that it ALL falls on a weekend where we can impose on somebody's(Jim Bailey's Harley Davidson in 05) parking lot for the Show n' Shine. Not to mention, we want to give people(especially the procrastinators) enough time to round up the whopping ~$30 for registration, and money for hotels, gas, dyno, auto-x, dragstrip, scheduling around finals, getting vacation time, etc.. I know it takes a lot to make the event work out. We did it last year, and we enjoyed it so much that we offered to do it again in 06. But we also know that we can't make exceptions for every single person, or we'll never have Spring Zing at all. So, we're still open to suggestions.

Mark

P.S. Don't take this as me being angry. I am straight forward, and call it like I see it. I appologize in advance to the handful of people that can't make it for one reason or another. Everyone has different priorities, and we're all old enough to make our own decisions. Just know that if you don't come to Spring Zing, your priorities and decision sucks

j/k

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:

Oh boy!! Spring Zing is now being converted to Winter Zing! We'll schedule for December 06, where I boubt anybody has any other car events to go to. Again, we're not going to be able to please every CEG'er, we're only 2 people trying to setup a kickass event. If it conflicts with another car show, a race event, your vacation, your prescheduled meeting with the Pope, we can't help it. We're going to try and schedule it in a way that it conflicts with the LEAST amount of CEG'ers, and so we can't make any promises. At this point, we can schedule it at any time, since we obviously aren't using Muncie Dragway. Remember, we've got to book hotels(tough to do in the spring with everybody getting married), schedule an auto-X, time at the dyno, make time to hit the dragstrip, and hope that it ALL falls on a weekend where we can impose on somebody's(Jim Bailey's Harley Davidson in 05) parking lot for the Show n' Shine. Not to mention, we want to give people(especially the procrastinators) enough time to round up the whopping ~$30 for registration, and money for hotels, gas, dyno, auto-x, dragstrip, scheduling around finals, getting vacation time, etc.. I know it takes a lot to make the event work out. We did it last year, and we enjoyed it so much that we offered to do it again in 06. But we also know that we can't make exceptions for every single person, or we'll never have Spring Zing at all. So, we're still open to suggestions.

Mark

P.S. Don't take this as me being angry. I am straight forward, and call it like I see it. I appologize in advance to the handful of people that can't make it for one reason or another. Everyone has different priorities, and we're all old enough to make our own decisions. Just know that if you don't come to Spring Zing, your priorities and decision sucks

j/k

Understandable. I'm sure everyone on here is very thankful of you for helping set up the event. I'm just saying, if you are trying to make the event conflict with as little CEGers as possible, then if we know around 15 are going to Carlisle, it prolly isn't a good idea to have it at that time. I know nothing is set in stone, but it might be a good thing to think about when setting stuff up.

[color:"green"]-Matt R

'99 Tropic Green LX, Zetec, ATX
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
This better not be much after last year, I dont like drinking beer out in the cold!

Alex '99 SVT Contour -=|WANTED: Vortech, working or not |=-
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by Pudmunkie:
This better not be much after last year, I dont like drinking beer out in the cold!

then wear a sweatshirt or jacekt paanzy!

~Alex Ex- SVT Driver627 MUST SELL!!!LOCAL: Pre-98 MOLDED trunk Polk db speakers Corolla parts LED Underbody Kit PM 2000 Green CSVT gone on 2/17/06 2001 Toyota Corolla (SHE RUNS!!!) 1989 Mustang LX 5.0
G
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
G
or drink something else.. like vodka. that has awesome warming affects

plus, grey goose (IMHO) tastes better than any alcohol out there (and i'm a bartender...).

What do you mean, rhetorical question? 1998.5 SVT --> http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2155561/1 #4619 of 6535, born Feb 18, 1998. i'm a smarta$$, don't take it personally
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
Weren't there only 15 CEG'ers at Carlisle last year? I thought I remembered people getting upset that there wasn't the turnout that they hoped for.

Nope - We pulled in our 25 people we wanted to see ...

It was just very hard to get people to committ to registering early ( you know how it is ) . I think they just like to see me sweat by waiting till the last minute !

~~~~~~~ Phil Black & Tan 2000 SVT Contour #2137 of 2150 35,000 miles & counting !
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by GreaseyMonkey:

plus, grey goose (IMHO) tastes better than any alcohol out there (and i'm a bartender...).

Grey Goose is for posers - aka the French.

You want good, decent priced vodka? Drink Finlandia or Stolichnaya.

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
I was hoping it would be the same weekend as it was last year, in May. I'd like to be able to attend SZ next year but if it's the first weekend in June, I will be going to Carlisle.
Unfortunatly it just didn't work out for me to attend last year, I am making every effort to attend next year (May).

G
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by Stazi:
Originally posted by GreaseyMonkey:

Grey Goose is for posers - aka the French.

You want good, decent priced vodka? Drink Finlandia or Stolichnaya.

believe me, i've tried them all.
i still stick with grey goose, and i'm no poser...
[sarcasm]you're the poser, ya poser.[/sarcasm]

What do you mean, rhetorical question? 1998.5 SVT --> http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2155561/1 #4619 of 6535, born Feb 18, 1998. i'm a smarta$$, don't take it personally
Page 11 of 36 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 35 36

Link Copied to Clipboard