Originally posted by SoundQ SVT:
One other nearby event that is already on the calendar is the SVTOA on-track event at Autobahn Country Club in Joliet, IL. It is scheduled May 20-21. They conflicted last year too (and I went to the track, as did WorldTour and Hdbngr8) so let's try to not make them conflict again this year.

Oh boy!! Spring Zing is now being converted to Winter Zing! We'll schedule for December 06, where I boubt anybody has any other car events to go to. Again, we're not going to be able to please every CEG'er, we're only 2 people trying to setup a kickass event. If it conflicts with another car show, a race event, your vacation, your prescheduled meeting with the Pope, we can't help it. We're going to try and schedule it in a way that it conflicts with the LEAST amount of CEG'ers, and so we can't make any promises. At this point, we can schedule it at any time, since we obviously aren't using Muncie Dragway. Remember, we've got to book hotels(tough to do in the spring with everybody getting married), schedule an auto-X, time at the dyno, make time to hit the dragstrip, and hope that it ALL falls on a weekend where we can impose on somebody's(Jim Bailey's Harley Davidson in 05) parking lot for the Show n' Shine. Not to mention, we want to give people(especially the procrastinators) enough time to round up the whopping ~$30 for registration, and money for hotels, gas, dyno, auto-x, dragstrip, scheduling around finals, getting vacation time, etc.. I know it takes a lot to make the event work out. We did it last year, and we enjoyed it so much that we offered to do it again in 06. But we also know that we can't make exceptions for every single person, or we'll never have Spring Zing at all. So, we're still open to suggestions.

Mark

P.S. Don't take this as me being angry. I am straight forward, and call it like I see it. I appologize in advance to the handful of people that can't make it for one reason or another. Everyone has different priorities, and we're all old enough to make our own decisions. Just know that if you don't come to Spring Zing, your priorities and decision sucks

j/k

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq