Print Thread
Page 9 of 36 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 35 36
Y
Y2KSVT Offline OP
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
That's what I was trying to get at. Like was said last year, and I'm sure every year before, we can't make EVERYBODY happy. Last year we specifically made it on the weekend we did, so it wouldn't interfere with Carlisle. I was under the impression that there were going to be 15 or so people coming to SZ05 that went to Carlisle. I guess if it falls on the same weekend, people will either choose Carlisle or SZ06. Nothing is set in stone, but this is all I know for now.

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
SZ06 is much better

~Alex Ex- SVT Driver627 MUST SELL!!!LOCAL: Pre-98 MOLDED trunk Polk db speakers Corolla parts LED Underbody Kit PM 2000 Green CSVT gone on 2/17/06 2001 Toyota Corolla (SHE RUNS!!!) 1989 Mustang LX 5.0
K
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
K
Originally posted by 5V7 Dr1v3r627:
SZ06 is much better

The 06' ZO6 is better than the 05'ZO6 too

"THEE" Roger R USMondeo@aol.com 2005 Crossfire Limited coupe' -FOR SALE @buyout price & I'll... -throw in my 93' Regal as winter car *Dragon Run 06'...Oct 12-15th* Puur-fection Auto Detailing Complete packages from $140.00
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by 5V7 Dr1v3r627:
also chad running out of gas, constant stops, and the track being like over an hour away even with "spirited" driving probably didn't help out too much either.

I did it with style, though... lol.

2006 Pontiac G6 3900SFI GTP Coupe CAI, Stainless Cat Back, Vector Tune, Strut Brace, Eibach Pro Kit, Custom Made Projector Headlights, 4300K, 20% Tint Former Owner- 2000 "Stryped" CSVT CEG Dragon Run- Oct 13-15
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
My name was mentioned already , but I'll throw in my 2�¢ .

First off , I'll say that I REALLY want to make it to SZ-06 - it will be my 4th Spring Zing . I always have a good time , even if I have to drive 10-11 hours to get there . Some of the locals had last minute issues & couldn't attend SZ-05 , so "our" SZ attendence was a bit off . It was out of MY control - I kept up MY end of the bargain , I was there !

As for Carlisle , it's ALWAYS the first weekend in June . I work my arse off to get (quasi-local) people together for the Carlisle show , and getting our club tent , getting the food organized , yada-yada . You know where I'm going with this . We bring out 25+ CEGers each year for our local/east coast get together , and I'm not planning on '06 being any different . I'll be pushing for Carlisle attendence as usual .

IMHO , I'm with Todd - I think June is too late for Spring Zing . Didn't Spring Zing start out as a "reason" for people to dust-off their rides for the season & have a get-together ?? IIRC , wasn't SZ-02 the most-attended SZ to date & wasn't it held in April ?? I'm not saying we ought to have it in early April or something , but if it must be the first week of the month , let's do it the first weekend of May . I know people will be at school & whatnot , but it's worked out in past years .

Like I said , I REALLY want to make SZ-06 , but if it's the first weekend of June , I will be at Carlisle . I can't speak for every "local CEGer" , but I believe they will also . I have no problem driving 10-11 hours to go to SZ and then turn around a couple weeks later and drive an hour or so to get to the Carlisle show . But if I have my choice , I'll drive an hour to get to the local show that I'm pimpin' .

Bring on SZ-06 , but gimme a chance to make it #4 !

~~~~~~~ Phil Black & Tan 2000 SVT Contour #2137 of 2150 35,000 miles & counting !
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
the thing that sucks about the first weekend of may is i have finals as well as many others.

Jim Hahn 1996 T-Red Contour SE Reborn 4/6/04 3.0L swap and Arizona Dyno Chip Turbo Kit 364 whp, 410 wtq @ 4,700 rpm
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Why not make a poll of the mentioned April-May-June months, and of the most popular, list a second poll with week dates?

If there's a tie for two months, create the second poll as week dates for the end of one month and the beginning of the next.

T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by Pre98:
Why not make a poll of the mentioned April-May-June months, and of the most popular, list a second poll with week dates?

If there's a tie for two months, create the second poll as week dates for the end of one month and the beginning of the next.

cause it's easier to jsut say, "SZ 06 will be the first week of june"

~Alex Ex- SVT Driver627 MUST SELL!!!LOCAL: Pre-98 MOLDED trunk Polk db speakers Corolla parts LED Underbody Kit PM 2000 Green CSVT gone on 2/17/06 2001 Toyota Corolla (SHE RUNS!!!) 1989 Mustang LX 5.0
K
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
K
The problem with having spring zing in the spring is that as its always stated, the demographic of contour owners has changed a bit over the years. Many of the attendants now are younger, like myself. We are in school. I cant make a cross country journey just any week. Its gotta be in the summer for me. Not to mention this summer Im graduating from college (holy crap! ), so you can probably guess what Ill be attending in late May.

Folks with jobs can get their time off (for the most part) whenever they choose. So, early spring, early summer, whatever. Not to mention the weather in that part of the world in March/April/early may cant be that great.

So there is my .02. I sure hope its in the beginning of June as thats the only way I would have a possibility of going. May is booked with graduation and moving back to FL, and then Im off to Europe for 3-4 weeks in mid to late June - early July. Im only one person, but I would sure love to go! If not Ill just take the long route home and grab meals in a few states (Nebraska, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana).

#4559 of 6535 born on Feb 17, 1998 Black 1998.5 CSVT FOR SALE [cleaning house]: SVT rear swaybar. Reasonable offer and its yours!
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Keep it during May... we have enough trouble getting people to come to Carlisle. Why make it less?

[color:"green"]-Matt R

'99 Tropic Green LX, Zetec, ATX
Page 9 of 36 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 35 36

Link Copied to Clipboard