Originally posted by ButtonPuncher:
Talk about the ultimate sleeper!!! Throw a big M62 on there that's sprayed and intercooled. Pull up to a light with the SC "off", floor it and make someone think you are NA. At the next light, hit the GO switch and give them one helluva surprize.

To be really evil you could pit in a 3k rpm activated switch. The guy would think he's got you until a second after flooring it. The boost and NOS kick in and BAM...taillights baby!!!

BP

I like the way you think

But the reason i want to be able to turn the s/c off is

1) as mentioned above - i want to be able to turn it off to keep it quiet - and i dont open my bonnet at shows - so the only people who know what it has will be me - you guys and the guys on MEG

2) it dosnt come with a clutch as standard - so i want to know if i see if i can fit one (i like the challenge)

3) I just love the idea of pressing a button, and it winds up, giving off that sound which only a s/c car can make. So if im sat at the lights, and the guy next to me REVS hard (in that - i want a dabble with you kind of way), i can just push the button, and watch his face as the charger springs into life, and starts to purr. (still got the nitrous in reserve in case that dosnt worry them)

Anyway - i had the inlet gasket delivered today, so i can start measuring up for the new manifold. I have been looking into the air/water cooler, and it sounds good - and to be honest - i think now would be be the time to add the cooler, rather than try and add one later.

I'll post up some piccies one i get the first bits designed.

One question though - where would you use the nitrous on one of these, pre or post supercharger? and why?

Thanks for all your responses

G