Originally posted by ButtonPuncher:
Originally posted by weegee:
So if anyone knows the nitty gritty of making this work without any bells and whistles, then please let me know before i make a complete ass of myself - lol

Regards

G

Hector, tell him what you got!!!

To get yourself up and running I would say... 30lb injectors, Focus SVT MAF or Mustang GT MAF, and some way of tuning it. Either SCT or Diablo chip. If you don't program your ECU for all of that extra power and fuel, you will blow up your Zetec.

HTH,
BP

I bought the kit......all that needed to be modified was the bracket that holds the blower and intake manifold, a Focus IAC valve, and the cruise control needs to be removed (Tb bracket was modifed). For the higher boost I am running 42# injectors, Mustang GT MAF, and a custom burned Diablochip calibrated for both.

As far as building a kit yourself that may cause some problems. The supercharger will need to be very straight and lined up perfectly with the serpentine belt. If not that may cause a lot of problems. You may run into problems making the intake manifold. Kits like the Jackson Racing I'm sure flow test the intake manifold before selling them in a kit. You will need to figure that out. What car did you get the M45 out of?

Here is a pic of mine:

Last edited by LocoSCZ; 08/23/05 10:42 PM.

Hector 2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII 257HP/259TQ 2005 Lapis Blue Mazda 6s RET: 00 Cabernet Red Ford Contour Zetec ATX SUPERCHARGED 160HP/141TQ