anybody ever notice that the gas gauge acts wierd when it comes to proper fuel readings? I have noticed that from ABSOLUTELY full it will take about... 110 city miles until it drops down to the 3/4 mark... I think to myself "sweet, im getting awesome mileage" then 3/4 to 1/2 takes about 60-70 miles. Then 1/2 to 1/4 takes about 80 miles.. Then that last quarter lasts forever... WHY IS THIS? All City Driving BTW. I have seen this too on the freeway... Going to detroit and back I saw my first 170 miles... AC the whole way, would take only 1/4 of the tank... then I got like 120 to the 1/2 point... and never went much further then that on the freeway.

On a slightl different topic... my mom bought a brand new Pointiac Grand Prix GT completely loaded without sporttronic shifter transmission and Supercharger. the Onboard computer constantly averages your MPG, tells you your Trannie temperature, 2 different trip computers, tells you engine hours, Date, Time, and how much life is left in the oil... Man I wish I could get something like that for the contour...

Last edited by MAYBE aliasfriend; 08/19/05 04:50 PM.

98 Corolla LE 1.8L DOHC 1ZZFE TEIN H.Tech Springs Tokico HP series Struts Short ram air intake Tsudo Axel Back Exhaust ... if a jelly fish stung me.. would you pee on the wound?