Originally posted by NorthPole SVT:
got a couple questions about this group buy

1. i read on a previous post that i can install the headers with out taking out the block "using the haynes manual" is this true. if not how hard are headers to install?

Yes you can install them with the engine in the car. It's a pretty lengthy process, but using the haynes manual and/or Ford CD, you should be able to do the swap yourself. Just be sure you have a toolbox FULL of tools. You'll need some pretty crazy extensions.

2. since i already did my whole exhaust all i need for these headers to work to there full potential and to be installed correctly is the install kit, MILs, and actual headers of course?

What do you mean by "whole exhaust?" Is that just your catback, or did you include a high flow y-pipe? If not, then I'd buy the MSDS y-pipe, or another high flow unit. Other than that, you'll just need the headers, MIL eliminators, and the hardware kit.

3. Finally is it a good idea to install these headers when i expect temps to be -40 for the next couple months or should i not even bother with these?

The temperature isn't going to hurt the headers. It's the snow/salt that kills them if you don't have them coated. I highly recommend getting the headers coated before installing them. You'll thank yourself in the long run, as you WON'T want to uninstall them!

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq