Originally posted by Big_B:
Originally posted by TourDeForce:
Originally posted by Big_B:
Wow, that is unbelievably cheap! I bought my headers for like $250 or $300 used. Looks like it is time for a Y-Pipe.

My headers are not coated and I have had no problems at all (2 years now). As far as I know there is no record of anyone on here having any trouble with the MSDS that are not coated. Save your money.

Just to clarify, do you have much road salt used in KY in the winter? If not, that might be an issue. Otherwise, for guys like me in FL, great deal!

We get plenty of road salt. I hate driving in the stuff, especially in the SVT. Still have never had any problems with my headers, and I just inspected them last night.

I know there have been lots of debates on here about Jet Hot vs. others... but who on CEG has ever had any trouble with headers that were uncoated? I don't recall ever seeing anything about that (been visiting the site for several years).

The deal with ceramic coatings is that they also reduce underhood temps.

Function before fashion. '96 Contour SE "Toss the Contour into a corner, and it's as easy to catch as a softball thrown by a preschooler." -Edmunds, 1998