Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
L
liquidX Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
Originally posted by Davo:
I'm not sure what this has to do with this thread, but I've had stock struts and H&R springs for almost three years and over 40,000 miles. The struts have just recently started to get bad.

...Of course that's your opinion, you could be wrong

D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by liquidX:

There isn't much opinion in what I said. It's all fact.

P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Also on a side note, my B & G Autobahn springs were slightly taller than even stock springs, thus helping my point.

XL

nice try

my 1.6" b&g's(same rear spring as you have with your autobahn set) are about 1" SHORTER than stock, as are the fronts, and i have pics top prove that if you need.....

and just to clarify, you said NOTHING about these struts being a temporary substitute, hance my first reply

99 SE V6\5spd - 156 HP\157 TQ 15.166-90.84 Totaled 02/12/06 99 SVT # 1571 - 175 HP\153 TQ 14.999-91.88 Born 3/24/99 Reborn 3/18/06 Pietenpol Racing Technologies project vehicle 90 Festiva L 5spd, Blue(not for long), 103k
L
liquidX Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
Originally posted by pole120:
Also on a side note, my B & G Autobahn springs were slightly taller than even stock springs, thus helping my point.

XL

nice try

my 1.6" b&g's(same rear spring as you have with your autobahn set) are about 1" SHORTER than stock, as are the fronts, and i have pics top prove that if you need.....

YET they drop more than 1" correct? Don't evade my point. I have only measured my front springs and the 2.25"ers were the same or a hair longer than stock, and about 1" longer than the front Intraxs. My point was that spring height has no play in ride height, it's stiffness does.

XL

L
liquidX Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
Originally posted by Davo:

There isn't much opinion in what I said. It's all fact.

The comment was sarcastic, but I am glad you are serious about this.

P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
x....i'm leaving this damn thread alone....go on thinking you know what youre talking about and covering your own arse by backpeadeling. I'm very interested to see what that that thread of yours comes up with, as I know of several people that have blown struts after running mild drop springs.

have a great day

pole

99 SE V6\5spd - 156 HP\157 TQ 15.166-90.84 Totaled 02/12/06 99 SVT # 1571 - 175 HP\153 TQ 14.999-91.88 Born 3/24/99 Reborn 3/18/06 Pietenpol Racing Technologies project vehicle 90 Festiva L 5spd, Blue(not for long), 103k
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
....Isn't "Spax" struts *basically* the same as the stockers? I know qutie a few guys are running those.

Who am I siding with? Neither. I'm sure they work... and they work well... but for how long? In Miami... a while. In Detroit... a few days.

I will side with the facists side here ( ), they WILL wear and blow and leave you in a giant firey ball of a wreck... but no time soon.

....And we all know ma boy X here, I'm sure these are VERY temporary for the time being.

2006 Pontiac G6 3900SFI GTP Coupe CAI, Stainless Cat Back, Vector Tune, Strut Brace, Eibach Pro Kit, Custom Made Projector Headlights, 4300K, 20% Tint Former Owner- 2000 "Stryped" CSVT CEG Dragon Run- Oct 13-15
G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
Originally posted by SVT PETE:
Run with what you will, but no one should make bold statements that state that stock struts with a lowering spring is fine - it's not. Stock struts are not designed to work with lowering springs. Doing so will result in failure. How early they fail is dependent on numerous factors such as wheel/tire size, road conditions, driving style, etc.

X, you got a good deal yes, but ideally you want a strut that is designed to work with a lowering spring. My advice, sell the SVT struts for a small profit and get yourself struts that are designed to go with lowering springs.

Had some Kahlua with your coffee this morning Pete? I get your point though, and I never disagreed that it is better to use aftermarket performance struts with lowering springs nor made a contrary statement of such, ever. I only said that I was going with what I had just to solve a temporary fix as an economic alternative, and everybody just gave their $.50 cents. Oh well, to each his own. Pole you gonna come hunt me down and shoot me next?

Fixed! It's been a fast paced Monday.

Maybe I missed it, but no where did I see you post that it was a temporary fix. If that's the case, then I assume you will be buying appropriate struts, which is what you should be doing the first time around.

Capitol CEG Classifieds Make an offer! 2005 GTO IBM - 337hp/336tq
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
when times are tight you run what you've got...i had to run coilovers on used svt struts...its been about three months who knows the mileage on them..mark could tell me..but there still fine i would assume 50k+...know that i have some extra money i'll be running eibachs...and bat struts..

"Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever."-Aristophanes. --93 pgt,headers,intake,borla=14.9 1/4mile
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by tour96se:
when times are tight you run what you've got...i had to run coilovers on used svt struts...its been about three months who knows the mileage on them..mark could tell me..but there still fine i would assume 50k+...know that i have some extra money i'll be running eibachs...and bat struts..and MSDS.. and sweet ass paint... and new rims... and a SVT motor... and a platinum plated grill/mesh... and I'm gettin' my grille all platinumed up and it's gonna say "Nasty Tour" on the top and "Tour Nasty" on the bottom. Blang blang west side Fity cent, w00t!

WOW! Nice!

2006 Pontiac G6 3900SFI GTP Coupe CAI, Stainless Cat Back, Vector Tune, Strut Brace, Eibach Pro Kit, Custom Made Projector Headlights, 4300K, 20% Tint Former Owner- 2000 "Stryped" CSVT CEG Dragon Run- Oct 13-15
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard