Originally posted by SVT PETE:
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
Originally posted by SVT PETE:
That's it, I know it's not realistic to compare dyno #s, but I need to get my 3L on a DynoJet.

Was my post the straw that broke the camel's back? If so, then GOOD! Cause I've been wanting to see what kind of power your car makes on a Dynojet!

IIRC, you've got the SHM headers correct? What kind of headwork?

It's the fact that 9+/10 dyno on DynoJets. I would loosely like to see where I stand.

3.0 hybrid by DanG
Ported & polished heads by kinger
SHM long tube headers, Jet Hot coated
Extrude Honed Power Flow UIM, Jet Hot coated
CTA intake pipe, Jet Hot coated
65mm throttle body, optimized
AFE 8" filter
Bassani cat-back exhaust
Edelbrock muffler (resonator)
Torsen LSD
SPEC Stage 1 clutch
SPEC flywheel

If I have money after paying for the wedding, hopefully a chip/tune.

As a comparison on a Mustang dyno:
scottd60 w/ intake Bassani
159.0hp, 127.6tq

Myself: 202.4hp, 177tq

You guys (not you Pete) aren't paying attention to Pete's post...he dynoed on a Mustang Dyno not Dynojet. Mustang Dyno is a controlled variable resistance dyno (argued to be more realistic) while the Dynojet is an inertia dyno (get the drum rolling...then little effort to keep it rolling...argued to generate inflated numbers). Funny how Dynojet is now going to a load testing feature on their latest and greatest model 224xLC more info here...web page.

From http://www.mustangdyne.com/performancetuning.htm "The Mustang Dynamometers are unique. All Mustang Dynamometers are loading dynamometers designed to duplicate real world operating conditions. Our patented control system uses eddy current power absorbers to load a vehicle exactly the way it would be loaded on the street -- including wind resistance, which is a significant factor in high-speed testing. Mustang dynos also feature a load cell to measure the power being applied to the rolls. Without going into a lot of theory, a Mustang dyno gives you a real world tune, every time".

Pete's numbers are quite good without really being tuned yet and if compared to the rest with Dynojet numbers he will more then likely have as good as the top or higher numbers then most N/A's cars on this site. There has been as much as 20% difference in Dynojet and Mustang dyno numbers with Dynojet producing the highest numbers. Pete and I both had planned to dyno again together on a Dynojet just for the sole reason of comparing the difference of our Mustang dyno's vs. Dynojet dyno's. I will do it before I do any more mods to my car.

Bottom line...don't compare the results from both dyno's it is not a realistic comparison. The only way to compare is to do both dyno's with the same car with the same mods and try and have similar weather conditions to even get a realistic comparison.

Oh yeah, Pete those were my base numbers, my new numbers are...
Mustang Dyno: 172hp/145tq
My Mods:
Stock 2.5L 2000 SVT
MSDS Headers & Y-Pipe (Jet-Hot coated),Bassani Cat-Back
Extrude Hone Max-Flow UIM (Jet-Hot coated)
BAT Intake Pipe, MAF adapter, K&N RU3530

Scott 2000 Contour SVT #1464 Mustang Dyno: 171.6hp/145.3lb Dynojet Dyno: 171.1hp/148.9lb 1989 20th Anniversary Turbo T/A "Indy 500 Pace Car" #1376 of 1550 All Original, 46k with a few mods 2002 F150 SuperCrew