In my region DSP is a lot faster than STS (5 seconds on a 60 second course). We also have a few nationally prepped DSP BMW's that tend to kill the rest of the DSP class and nobody like that in STS.

I would run DSP but actually compaire your times in your head to STS. If you want to get way into AutoX I would look at what class you want to go for and then start modding for the class.

STS - get stock parts for those that you need too put back to stock and do the suspension and minor engine mods Auto-X Fil talked about in his other post in this section and get good "street" tires and lightwight wheels no more than 7.5" wide.

DSP - LSD, ummm lots of other junk you can add on in SP.. also R Compounds and again lightweight wheels but I don't think they are restricted in width.

OR just go out and have fun in your normal driveing car and don't worry about the classing and run DSP with a very uncompetive car. I know one guy out in VA who is running his SVT in DSP of a few simple mods that he did to it before he started AutoX.

Beaten - 2003 MazdaSpeed Protege 29K <- broken hearted Daily/Weekend Beater - 1990 miata 138K - AutoX every weekend = Adult driven on weekends