Y
Really? Any links to this? Cost?

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
The NX Maximizer is basiclly the same thing as the Venom controller, just a different approach and minus the a/f monitoring, and it cost about $500. (There are cheaper options at Summit)
If you're going to buy another controller, might as well sell the Venom kit and buy a basic n20 kit.
You'll end up with money in your pocket.

Frank McCoy aka Mod-deth aka Mid Life Crisis aka SVT Doood aka mcgainer is a SCAM ARTIST Pre98 Zetec - Some Mods
Y
Y2KSVT Offline OP
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Ahh gotcha.. I kind of wanted to take a look at it, and it's functions.. I really wish someone could make a linear kit, where it was dependent on RPM, and not throttle angle.. If I could get this kit to spray a ~30shot at 3500rpm and increase to a ~100shot by 5000rpm without having to feather the gas pedal, I'd be set!! I'm considering selling this kit for a ZEX wet kit!!

Mark

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
I am having great results from my Zex kit (dry).

Heres a Jacobs Controller that is fairly cheap and has an rpm dependant control.

Summit has the NX Maximizer too.

Frank McCoy aka Mod-deth aka Mid Life Crisis aka SVT Doood aka mcgainer is a SCAM ARTIST Pre98 Zetec - Some Mods
S
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
S
Yeah as sleeperZ said sell the venomkit , get highclass solenoids then add a controller. (i'd vote for the maximizer cause it has the ramp feature) You'll prolly get more power and safety for less money then the venomkit, you'll loose the bling part tho , the venom systems are just sexy

www.fjoracing.com , info on the maximizer there

T
Highly Medicated Member
Highly Medicated Member
T
Great, I leave on vacation for a week and miss this. Then I come back to the real world and have to start using my memory. More tonight when I've got some work done. Stupid vacation...

I had initial programming gremlins too. After 2 or 3 times back to Venom the system worked flawlessly, every time.

IIRC, after many bottles (90%) in linear mode, I never had a problem, I did tap into the 02 Bung up front. I'll look and see If I have any records of the settings I used. It could be the kit is designed for a stock car and that some parameteres of your modded car don't jive with the VCN controller? Just another SWAG. AS I said, I'll dig and see what I find tonight.

Mark

Semper Fi "They've got us surrounded. Poor bastards." -Chesty
Y
Y2KSVT Offline OP
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Thanks Mark! Stazi and I did the installation according to both the instructions, and your detailed installation with pictures. Everything looks pretty much identical under the hood when compared to yours, other than minor details such as where the Venom box was mounted(back side of battery box in my case).

So you had to send your computer module back to Venom 2-3 times? What did they do to it? How did you know it wasn't working correctly, or did you get on a dyno or use a wideband? Hopefully I'll get the module back in a week or so and can find a wideband to borrow. Thanks Mark, let me know whatever else you can find out!

Mark

T
Highly Medicated Member
Highly Medicated Member
T
The computer module was sent back and forth 2 or 3 times. I'm not sure what was done to the unit, but I kept getting a TPS error that would shut the system down.

I think some of my posts in the archives have data settings. IIRC, I was running Linear, coming on at 80% Throttle and ~75HP gain. It was a smooth but fast rush, not a bang like in Drag mode...

Semper Fi "They've got us surrounded. Poor bastards." -Chesty
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard