Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Very true. It should have shut down. It's tauted as the safest system! I guess not.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
Y
Y2KSVT Offline OP
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Originally posted by todras:
Very true. It should have shut down. It's tauted as the safest system! I guess not.

Try telling that to Venom. I keep getting told "maybe you have lazy O2 sensors" and "you need the sniffer in the O2 bung, not at the tailpipe." I pretty much told him that the chances of the tailpipe being off 6-15 points off from the O2 is about .0005%, and that I'm ruling that out! If I have a lazy O2, then the system shouldn't tell me that it's fine.

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
B
Learned patience the hard way
B
Mark,

Something to think about when wondering why you'd want the nitrous relative to throttle angle. In real world application when you're racing a high horsepower car, you're fighting for traction and feathering the throttle throughout the run to get said traction. Think of this mode as emulating adding more horsepower through a bigger motor in lieu of an add on. You still need to modulated the throttle to get the best traction.

If you had this programmed to come on at WOT and linear in relation to RPMs from 4000-7000 RPMS as soon as you hit that range in 1st gear you'd be up in smoke and then have to back off and try again, and it would be the same way until you hit 3rd gear where you wouldn't be overpowering the tires. To me it makes much more sense to go with throttle angle for real world application of horsepower. Remember, there are cars out there that can break the tires loose in 2-3 gears at WOT without nitrous all ready added.

Rick

Owner of 00 #1611 Silver (Totalled) 98.5 T-Red SVT #6180 Buckshot77@msn.com Misc 3L parts for sale
B
B
As far as the lazy O2 sensor, I agree it sounds like something is off in their programming/unit. However, have you actually stuck a wideband in the rear 02 bung to check it out or swapped around your sensors? If you haven't replaced the sensor that the system is using to read the A/F ratio, then do that once just to prove they're wrong and then you can rail on them all you like. It sucks that you've got to spend some $ to get them to listen to you, but if they happen to be right, it puts you at being dead wrong.

Rick

Owner of 00 #1611 Silver (Totalled) 98.5 T-Red SVT #6180 Buckshot77@msn.com Misc 3L parts for sale
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
How does the venom detect the lean-ness of the motor? I'm assuming by upstream 02s? It's not for some reason looking at the down stream is it?

Ryan Trollin!
B
B
Yes, it should be using the front upper O2 sensor as far as I'm aware.

Rick

Y
Y2KSVT Offline OP
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Yes, they read off of the upstream O2 sensors. Talking to the guy at Venom, he says that once the O2 sensor is at .5v, it begins to add more fuel. He's pretty confident that the O2 sensors can detect this before the nitrous even goes completely through the motor.

Mark

D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
Yes, they read off of the upstream O2 sensors. Talking to the guy at Venom, he says that once the O2 sensor is at .5v, it begins to add more fuel. He's pretty confident that the O2 sensors can detect this before the nitrous even goes completely through the motor.

Why does it wait until the engine is at roughly stoich to start adding fuel? It should add it long before that.

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
Y
Y2KSVT Offline OP
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Originally posted by DemonSVT:
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:

Why does it wait until the engine is at roughly stoich to start adding fuel? It should add it long before that.

You're EXACTLY right. This is my biggest beef about the kit! Talking to this guy on the phone makes me really nervous about having sent him this computer module. Then again, I figure he can't make it any worse than it already is. I wonder how many people are having this same issue with their Venom kits and don't even know about it, or how long their motors will last. I just want to get the kit working right so I can use the dang thing!

Mark

S
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
S
This is why the NX maximizer is worth the buck , individual settings for each gear and better safety when shooting at the strip.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard