Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Well it wouldn't start this morning.

Cranked fine but wouldn't catch.

So i'm replacing the crank sensor here in a few. We'll see what that does. I also have a Camshaft position sensor coming tomorrow just for [censored] and giggles.

I live in Detroit, I couldn't give a **** how good my car is in the "twisties." "I could use a hundred people who don't know there is such a word as impossible." ~Henry Ford
K
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
K
Is your car chipped?

2001 Lincoln LS8 1994 Lexus GS300
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Originally posted by 99SVT:
Well it wouldn't start this morning.

Cranked fine but wouldn't catch.

So i'm replacing the crank sensor here in a few. We'll see what that does. I also have a Camshaft position sensor coming tomorrow just for [censored] and giggles.

Strike that. Reverse it. I actually had the cam sensor and the crank sensor comes in tomorrow. However I am 95% sure I have found the cause and it IS the crank sensor. I will have to wait till tomorrow to know for sure. But here's the scoop:

Seems that when i had my crank sensor replaced 2 winters ago they broke the clip on the wire harness and used some sort of blue goo to hold it together. When I replaced the 02 sensor last week I must have pulled it loose. This sensor itself is probably still good but I am gonna wait on the new one anyways.

It does leave me one problem. Since the part that's wired to the car is the broken piece, how am I going to keep this thing held together. Electrical tape? Duct tape? Any ideas?

P.S. No my car is not chipped.

I live in Detroit, I couldn't give a **** how good my car is in the "twisties." "I could use a hundred people who don't know there is such a word as impossible." ~Henry Ford
O
ODC Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
O
Is that a stock flywheel ?

My rpms drop three times as slow as that ... holy schit, maybe cleaning the IAC isn't the best solution ...

K
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
K
Seen this marvel done before. A car got shipped to us running. We installed a turbo kit and then it wouldn't start. It turns out the owner superglued the crank sensor harness to the sensor. It needs to be CLEAN contact. Definately sounds like your culprit.

2001 Lincoln LS8 1994 Lexus GS300
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Got the new crank sensor in. That was it.

Now it's runnin like a raped date.

D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Great job.

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard