Print Thread
Page 24 of 34 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 33 34
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by Corbett:
Originally posted by Antonio Wright:

Don't worry BP. The Bush administration and his group of right wing Christian exteremists have sucessfully fooled another uneducated person.

I can't really blame Corbett. He is just repeating what he has been brainwashed to say.

Ahh so now because I am a Christian I am uneducated and brainwashed. Thanks Antonio.

No, your just an idiot for what you said.

Davo, your right I should not have added the Bush Adminstration. I will just say, Right wing Christian extremist.

Ryan, just listen to the people I listed talk about Islam. They honestly believe that relgion is about hate.

Last edited by Antonio Wright; 08/06/05 08:43 PM.

Now I hate America? That is a new one to me.
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C

Well which one is it? Am I brainwashed and uneducated? Or am I an idiot? Or both?

- Tim
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by Swazo:
Corbett, you and OBL have made the same exact mistake about Islam. There are 2 jihad's to a Muslim, the Great jihad and the Little jihad. The Great being the inner struggle to overcome one's evil inclinations, and the Little being war against the enemies of Islam. You've got the priorities mixed up. Islam is related etymologically to the word salaam, which means peace.

Just because you have an internet connection and a few hours to find a website that backs up what you think about Islam does not mean you know what you are talking about.

- Tim
V
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
V
Originally posted by Viss1:
No I said they are ignorant of what it says. IE, may have read it but do not choose to believe certain parts.

Do you agree, then, that there are factors other than the Koran itself that cause Muslims to become terrorists?

Hated towards America.

Correct, they hate America. Do you think there might be reasons for that other than "the Koran tells them to?"

Quote:

Do you agree that the Koran teaches to kill those who will not convert to Islam?

Haven't read it. I do know that you interpret it that way, and I respect your knowedge of the world's religions. But knowing that most Christians don't take the "teachings" of Leviticus, Deuteronomy, etc. literally, I'm assuming the non-violent Muslims must consider their book similarly to the way non-violent Christians consider ours.

E0 #36 '95 Ranger '82 Honda CX500
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A

Well which one is it? Am I brainwashed and uneducated? Or am I an idiot? Or both?

Judging from your comment, all of the above.

I have had the great honor and privlage to work with many Muslims. I have learned alot about Islam and come to respect the religion. I have also come to see that it is not all "evil" like some would want you to believe.

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Antonio, I do listen to those figures regularly, and they do not think Islam as a whole (ok minus Anne which you didn't list) believe what you said about Islam. They know what the root causes are. The problem is that the Left & the Right don't want to listen to each other and continue to be divided, but I digress, that's for a whole different discussion.

Ryan Trollin!
J
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
J
My entirely unwarranted (and possibly unwanted) .02 cents:

Racial profiling will work to a limited degree, but only for a while and ultimately, IMHO at too great a cost in terms of public opinion of the government and law enforcement. There needs to be a balance; as it stands today, law enforcement does have their hands tied in areas of investigation due to Constitutional rights that ARE NOT negociable, but they damn-sure need more leeway in their methods of surveillance. Finally, much more sophisticated tools are needed over racial profiling to where race is but one of many variables that are considered. Travel, buying habits, race, religious persuasion, birth origin, scholastic pursuits, reading habits, internet habits, etc., etc. Of course, it takes an Act of God to obtain warrants to the level needed to dig that far today, but there does need to be a greater degree of tracking along those lines...

Racial profiling would possibly nab a few nutcases up front, but I fully believe that it won't do anything to stop the really worrisome events that keep the Intel communities up at night. Al-Qaedas leadership remains intact and regardless of one's thoughts towards their goals, they have some fairly smart SOB's running the show that have managed to elude the largest manhunt in the history of the human race. Yes, it's been Arabs that have been the poster-children of terrorists, but locking a great many eyes on all Arab gentlemen would QUICKLY steer Al-Qaeda to other methods and other races to carry out their desires.

Finally, racial profiling plays right into what Al-Qaeda wishes most; a larger and spreading rift between Western cultures and Islamic ones, thereby polarizing more and more moderates of both sides.

It needs to be done, but in such a way that it's only one small component of the entire profile.

2) Islam is no more a violent religion than Christianity is. History bears this fact out. I have read the Koran and while it does condone violence in places, so does the Bible (OT). Extremists aren't usually known for taking a balanced view of things, so expecting them to NOT latch on to particular passages and thoughts to the exclusion of hundreds of pages to the contrary isn't surprising at all.

JaTo e-Tough Guy Missouri City, TX 99 Contour SVT #143/2760 00 Corvette Coupe
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by Viss1:
Correct, they hate America. Do you think there might be reasons for that other than "the Koran tells them to?"

I thought I just answered that? Yes, however, that does not change the fact that the Koran tells them to kill those who will not convert.

- Tim
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by RTStabler51:
Antonio, I do listen to those figures regularly, and they do not think Islam as a whole (ok minus Anne which you didn't list) believe what you said about Islam. They know what the root causes are. The problem is that the Left & the Right don't want to listen to each other and continue to be divided, but I digress, that's for a whole different discussion.

Ryan, I have heard each and everyone listed make a reference to Islam being a religion of hate. Oh, and thanks for reminding me about Anne Coulter.

C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Judging from your comment, all of the above.

I have had the great honor and privlage to work with many Muslims. I have learned alot about Islam and come to respect the religion. I have also come to see that it is not all "evil" like some would want you to believe.

Hang around them all you want, thats great. I'm not saying all Muslims are evil, however, what I am saying is that the Koran teaches them to kill those who will not convert. There is no ignorance in what I said about that. I have studied it and you have not, so you would be the ignorant one on the subject, no matter how many muslim people you work with.

- Tim
Page 24 of 34 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 33 34

Link Copied to Clipboard