Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 20 of 34 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 33 34
S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by RTStabler51:
So, since the inception of the religous talk in this thread I've gathered this..

Christians are bad and evil and the root cause of the problem
Islam / Muslim are good and misunderstood.

What I got from this thread is that all the major religions were concieved at a time when the average life had very little value. Today some backward cultures use this ancient "wisdom" to justify violence, since their value of life has not changed. Modern cultures place much more value on life and instead often use this ancient "wisdom" for financial or polital power.
Like it or not christianity and islam share the old testament which has much outdated thinking in it. The saviors of these religions advanced their own interpretations of the bible and updated God's law to fit.

Dueling Duratecs '95 SE V6 MTX 0 Mods '04 Mazda6 S Wagon '03 Kawasaki Z1000 But thus do I counsel you, my friends: distrust all in whom the impulse to punish is powerful! Friedrich Nietzsche
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Except Christianity has evolved with the times and since updated their religous book....

Originally posted by spgoode:
So, since the inception of the religous talk in this thread I've gathered this..

What I got from this thread is that all the major religions were concieved at a time when the average life had very little value. Today some backward cultures use this ancient "wisdom" to justify violence, since their value of life has not changed. Modern cultures place much more value on life and instead often use this ancient "wisdom" for financial or polital power.
Like it or not christianity and islam share the old testament which has much outdated thinking in it. The saviors of these religions advanced their own interpretations of the bible and updated God's law to fit.

Ryan Trollin!
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by Swazo:
Again, UBL's connection to the Somalia conflict is vague at best, and IIRC has never been proven.

I never said that Somolia had anything to do with terrorism. I meant that there were TONS of non-Arab Islamics that were guided by OBL and/or people from his ranks. Just pointing out direct combatants will come from OBL that AREN'T Arab, and the US has come across them.

I don't think any of us are denying that there are nutcase Christians out there. However, the radical sect of Islam has proven over and over again to be much more of a threat to all of us 'infidels'
I am saying that since someone is Christian doesn't mean they won't commit evil or wrong doing.

I've read about key figures directly from OBL in Somolia, I'll have to find my reference.

No doubt about it, OBL's sect of Islam and others much like from Egypt or Saudi Arabia, are the biggest threat to us right now. I simply can't wait for OBL's head on a pike.

OK, I found the link to OBL from the British Government. In 1993 OBL sent Muhammed Atef to give military training and assistance to Somalis. On October 3rd and 4th of that year, during the very same battle that many of my fellow Army Rangers were killed in (The movie "Black Hawk Down" was of this battle), the Somalis under Aidid's command used RPG's to bring down 2 Black Hawks by hitting the tail rotors. Those were not skills possesed by the Somalis, and is a definitive example of the training they recieved by Arab's that fought against the Soviets, who were trained by our own military.

Also in the Manhattan trial, Mohamed Odeh was given up as someone who trained troops that were opposed to Aidid.

OBL himself consistantly spoke of his jihad in Somalia against the "American invaders".

2005 Ford F150 SuperCab FX4 1964 Chevrolet Impala SS 1998 CSVT: 354HP/328TQ @ 10 psi, now gone
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
That's what I figured the link to be. I never thought it was actually 'proven' though. As just about every one with some kind of 'power' in that region has ties to UBL/OBL whatever you want to call him. Do you have links to those articles I'd be interested to read them?

Again, UBL's connection to the Somalia conflict is vague at best, and IIRC has never been proven.

I never said that Somolia had anything to do with terrorism. I meant that there were TONS of non-Arab Islamics that were guided by OBL and/or people from his ranks. Just pointing out direct combatants will come from OBL that AREN'T Arab, and the US has come across them.

I don't think any of us are denying that there are nutcase Christians out there. However, the radical sect of Islam has proven over and over again to be much more of a threat to all of us 'infidels'
I am saying that since someone is Christian doesn't mean they won't commit evil or wrong doing.

I've read about key figures directly from OBL in Somolia, I'll have to find my reference.

No doubt about it, OBL's sect of Islam and others much like from Egypt or Saudi Arabia, are the biggest threat to us right now. I simply can't wait for OBL's head on a pike.

OK, I found the link to OBL from the British Government. In 1993 OBL sent Muhammed Atef to give military training and assistance to Somalis. On October 3rd and 4th of that year, during the very same battle that many of my fellow Army Rangers were killed in (The movie "Black Hawk Down" was of this battle), the Somalis under Aidid's command used RPG's to bring down 2 Black Hawks by hitting the tail rotors. Those were not skills possesed by the Somalis, and is a definitive example of the training they recieved by Arab's that fought against the Soviets, who were trained by our own military.

Also in the Manhattan trial, Mohamed Odeh was given up as someone who trained troops that were opposed to Aidid.

OBL himself consistantly spoke of his jihad in Somalia against the "American invaders".

Ryan Trollin!
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by Davo:

Close. Christians in general are forcing their beliefs and views upon us, and are as dangerous as Islamoterrorists, but don't stereotype Arabs because of a few radicals.

No. People are playing off all of Islam as evil because of OBL. If that's true, then actions of all evil-doing Christians (Aryan Nation, abortion clinic bombings/attacks or any other evil acts) should reflect upon the average Christian.

That's not fair to either Christians or Muslims IMO. We're able to see the difference between a skin head from the Aryan Nation and the average Christian, and know they don't represent each other. I think it's sad that most aren't able to see the difference between Osama Bin Laden and the average Muslim.

I'm not against protecting possible terrorist. But I am for knowing who is attacking us and why, and stopping them before they can do any more harm. To kill your enemy, you have to know them first.

2005 Ford F150 SuperCab FX4 1964 Chevrolet Impala SS 1998 CSVT: 354HP/328TQ @ 10 psi, now gone
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
It's mainly from "Holy War, INC" by Peter L. Bergen. Also, I got more info on an online search from their names and locations.

D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
But I am for knowing who is attacking us and why, and stopping them before they can do any more harm. To kill your enemy, you have to know them first.

Typical. And just to clarify, you do not have to know your enemies in order to kill them. All I have to know is that they're trying to kill me, and that will make me want to kill them. But your desire to know them is typical of your side. It wouldn't be a bad thing, but you let the desire to know our enemies hamper our means of destroying them.

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
I would agree with both statements. However, I think its the uneducated people on both situations that are grouping everyone (sects within religons) together.

The issue is due to this country being a majority of whites, with blacks / hispanics 2nd and 3rd, it's somewhat 'easy' to narrow it down to the Muslim terrorists, because they fit a typically appearance profile.....

No. People are playing off all of Islam as evil because of OBL. If that's true, then actions of all evil-doing Christians (Aryan Nation, abortion clinic bombings/attacks or any other evil acts) should reflect upon the average Christian.

Ryan Trollin!
W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
Originally posted by contour_phoenix_when:
POV

â??with few exceptions, happens to have been perpetrated by Islamic radical fundamentalist extremists.â?

The IRA ?

I was waiting for this one. That is a division along religous as well as political grounds.

1999 Contour SE Duratec ATX My feet and the Stra?Ÿenbahn http://www.tempo-topaz-performance.com/topazsho/ the coolest Topaz ever! To bad it's not mine
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by Davo:
But I am for knowing who is attacking us and why, and stopping them before they can do any more harm. To kill your enemy, you have to know them first.

Typical. And just to clarify, you do not have to know your enemies in order to kill them. All I have to know is that they're trying to kill me, and that will make me want to kill them. But your desire to know them is typical of your side. It wouldn't be a bad thing, but you let the desire to know our enemies hamper our means of destroying them.

When you've been in the military davo, then you can talk The more knowledge you have about who you're dealing with, the better off you are. That doesn't mean sit on our hands and wait for them to attack us again

Page 20 of 34 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 33 34

Link Copied to Clipboard