Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 18 of 34 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 33 34
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by RT and his SE:
Sorry Stazi there was no insult hurled at your beloved Australia in my post. Your selective reading has you missing out on the point...AGAIN!

Quote:

It's on thing to have a political opinion and another to be a blatant moron who refuses to look at things realistically.

Here's one of the many things you refuse to consider. The bill of rights applies to everyone not just the people you find don't scary. We've been doing it that way for over 200 years. Seem to have worked pretty well to this point and I for one am not going to let the protection that it guarantees die because you're frightened. Maybe it's time to hike-up your skirt and head back to the home land?
People like you who would give up their rights for anything let alone something like this that will offer little to no protection are sad indeed.

I can't wait for your next reply because I'm sure it will be chuck full of information pertaining to this thread and not just a personal attack on me!

Dude you are ridiculous - you told me to go back to my uni-bomber shack - thus inferring that Australians are all crazy recluses who live in the desert in makeshift accomodations. You're such a two-faced idiot. You OBVIOUSLY know JACK-diddly-squat about Australia, it's people, out constitution (which AMAZINGLY IS VERY SIMILAR TO THE US's - you nimrod!). And I guess your accuasation of my "skirt wearing" is another misconstrued point coming from you, huh? Yeah, you attack me in every post and everyone else can see that also. You're a f'en hypocrite if I ever saw one!

No one is trying to take away anyones rights. No one is saying take every arab and throw him/her in Gitmo and forget about them. If you knew you had a poisonous snake in your house, would you not try to find it and remove it to eliminate the chances of you being bitten and dieing, or would you just go to sleep and hope you don't get bitten in your sleep? It's the same damn thing.

Do they not check EVERYONES bags at the airport, do they not asks for EVERYONES passport when travelling overseas, do they not screen passengers randomly already? All they want to do is check those who may be more inclined to inflict malicious acts on others, more closely - how is that a theft of someone's rights? If they are not discovered to be carrying illegal posessions or behaving in a terrorist fashion, they will be allowed to pass through and resume their activities. All it is is 5 minutes of someones time. How hard is that for you to understand?

Sure - the antiquated precautuions of the past worked fine up until 9-11 and then a MAJOR flaw was found - we were caught with out pants down and over 3000 people died, and more recently the pricks killed people in London.

But you're basicaly sayin "F" that, it was a one off, and you REFUSE to look at what's going on outside of your fairy-tale world in your momma's basement.

People like you need a rude awakening to realise what's going on in the world.

You're a disgrace to those that were innocently killed on 9-11. You disgust me.

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by Corbett:
Originally posted by Swazo:
That is what I was referring to in my post, so you bringing up the Dead Sea Scrolls is a joke. That was in writing before the Christian religion began. The New Testament floated around in word of mouth form for centuries! The oldest piece found is from 125 A.D. and is only a tiny, incomplete Gospel of John. The oldest semi-complete versions are from the 4th century (still FULL of errors and gaps), but most of the gaps have been filled in the last 100 years. Thousands of manuscripts exist, but they know they were simple copies of a few error filled originals. There is not a full version of the New Testament to date, only an interpretation of what they've found to date.

They wouldn't try to change the old testament because the Jews would know when to fly the BS flag

Well at least you made it clear you believe the Bible is a sham. Now, could you please explain how Islam does not support killing infadels and the Bible does!

I don't think the Bible is a sham, I think that it is incomplete and that should be known as you learn from it.

If you think it's a sham from those facts, that's one thing. But I never said I think it's a sham. I pointed out how man has been unable to come up with a complete version, that's all.

If you've never seen/read of the Bible being used as an insrument of evil, then you haven't studied history much.

With the Bible or the Koran, it's all based on who's acting upon what they've learned. Both can be used for good or evil, it depends on the person.

2005 Ford F150 SuperCab FX4 1964 Chevrolet Impala SS 1998 CSVT: 354HP/328TQ @ 10 psi, now gone
T
Highly Medicated Member
Highly Medicated Member
T
Chill it a bit or PM it. Everyone.

Semper Fi "They've got us surrounded. Poor bastards." -Chesty
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by spgoode:

So are you saying that God of the bible doesn't say to kill anyone for their beliefs? I beg to differ.

Ex. 22:20 He that sacrificeth unto any god, save unto the Lord only, he shall be utterly destroyed.
(People used to sacrafice animals to please God, and it better be the right God or else. Believers don't have to do this anymore, I guess God's laws aren't written in stone.)

WOW! This just proves you do not have any clue what the Bible is about. It's called a new covenant. We don't sacrifice animals anymore because we are in a new covenant with Christ. That is why Jesus came to die for us. He was the ultimate sacrifice and now we only need to believe in Him to go to Heaven, we don't have to sacrifice animals anymore. This alone shows how little you actually know on the subject. I'm not going to disprove any more of you ignorant posts about the Bible. I would only suggest you do a little research with an open mind before you take things out of context like you have with these verses. The Bible does not tell us to kill those who do not believe. The Koran does. It's pretty simple.

- Tim
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by Davo:
Actually, you responded to something neither he nor I said, and it was something you had already said a few times in this thread. So I'm not sure what Corbett or I have to do with this, other than that you wanted us to continue the conversation in PM because points were made against you that made you look quite foolish.

I'm not too interested in what you say or think. But when you say or think something that doesn't make any sense, then I am interested in a further explanation. Not being able to give a further explanation (which happened twice in this thread) is when my point is made and when your statements are invalidated.

PM sent

2005 Ford F150 SuperCab FX4 1964 Chevrolet Impala SS 1998 CSVT: 354HP/328TQ @ 10 psi, now gone
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
I'm just tired of what seems to be a christian dominate attitude that all of Islam is to blame for terrorism, when only a small sect of it is. Christian's cannot make terrorsim an Islamic thing, when they too have partook.

You had to make this a religious debate didnt you? The difference is that the Bible does not say to kill anyone who will not convert. The Koran says the exact opposite. That is was Islam is responsible for this terrorism.

So are you saying that God of the bible doesn't say to kill anyone for their beliefs? I beg to differ.

Ex. 22:20 He that sacrificeth unto any god, save unto the Lord only, he shall be utterly destroyed.
(People used to sacrafice animals to please God, and it better be the right God or else. Believers don't have to do this anymore, I guess God's laws aren't written in stone.)

Lev. 24:16 And he that blasphemeth the name of the Lord, he shall surely be put to death.
(Kinda sounds like the death sentences islamic clerics put on journalists and authors today doesn't it?)

Deut. 6:14-15 Ye shall not go after other gods, of the gods of the people which are round about you; (For the LORD thy God is a jealous God among you) lest the anger of the LORD thy God be kindled against thee, and destroy thee from off the face of the earth.

How many people have been killed because of these words in the bible? Less than those killed by muslims? More?
My guess would be more.

yes,but NOTHING in your quotes says ANYTHING about god's followers killing nonbelievers....it says that GOD will destroy them....it is NOT telling god's people to do it for him...big difference...

new,new ride! '99 svt black/mnb '95 mustang gt sold! '98 svt #800 sold!
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C

I don't think the Bible is a sham, I think that it is incomplete and that should be known as you learn from it.

If you think it's a sham from those facts, that's one thing. But I never said I think it's a sham. I pointed out how man has been unable to come up with a complete version, that's all.

If you've never seen/read of the Bible being used as an insrument of evil, then you haven't studied history much.

With the Bible or the Koran, it's all based on who's acting upon what they've learned. Both can be used for good or evil, it depends on the person.

Sorry but the Bible is complete, and it even says not to add any more books to it. Just because people take things out of context and twist it to fit what they want it to say does not mean that the Bible was what told them to do it. However, the Koran specifically says to kill the infadel.

- Tim
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S

Sorry but the Bible is complete, and it even says not to add any more books to it. Just because people take things out of context and twist it to fit what they want it to say does not mean that the Bible was what told them to do it. However, the Koran specifically says to kill the infadel.

Nope, the New Testament is not complete. It's funny how that works when either people forget to write it down for a few hundred years or it "gets lost".

S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S

WOW! This just proves you do not have any clue what the Bible is about. It's called a new covenant. We don't sacrifice animals anymore because we are in a new covenant with Christ. That is why Jesus came to die for us. He was the ultimate sacrifice and now we only need to believe in Him to go to Heaven, we don't have to sacrifice animals anymore.

The verses I quoted are very staightforward, show me how they are out of context with all the other killing and debauchery in the Bible.
And I already know why you don't have to sacrafice animals anymore or follow strict dietary laws or do any other of the other things that Jesus said you didn't have to do. I find it funny that God didn't get it right the first time and had to send his son to tidy things up a bit, that's all.

I would only suggest you do a little research with an open mind before you take things out of context like you have with these verses. The Koran does not tell us to kill those who do not believe. The Bible does. It's pretty simple.

I switched your words around to show how a muslim would state this. Not that I am defending islam, I think it's nuttier that christianity.

Dueling Duratecs '95 SE V6 MTX 0 Mods '04 Mazda6 S Wagon '03 Kawasaki Z1000 But thus do I counsel you, my friends: distrust all in whom the impulse to punish is powerful! Friedrich Nietzsche
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
It's good to see that this has turned into a religon debate.

Ryan Trollin!
Page 18 of 34 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 33 34

Link Copied to Clipboard