Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 16 of 34 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 33 34
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by Swazo:
What about the New Testiment? The rest of your post is totally your opinion and reeks a "holier than thou" attitude shared by most unchristian-like christians I've met. Your way isn't the way

What about the New Testament? Nothing. Why would they change the New Testament and not the Old Testament. And your responce is typical of those who don't like what they hear. I am not saying that I am "holier than thou" Thats jsut a weak defense tactic used by people like yourself who don't have anything else to use to defend their position so they call someone a mean christian. Give me a break.

- Tim
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by tiv:
You seem to know pretty well what the Koran says. Did you read it ? He did not read the Bible just had an "educated opinion" about it based on talking to others and watching the (certainly biased) media in his country.

Just like him, you seem to have a pretty good sense to select the true representatives of a community of hunderds of millions of people...

Yes in fact I have read the sections of the Koran pertaining to the terrorism acts. It specifically says that if a person does not believe or will not convert they should be killed. You should read it too, then maybe you would understand rather then play he said she said.

- Tim
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by Corbett:
What about the New Testiment? The rest of your post is totally your opinion and reeks a "holier than thou" attitude shared by most unchristian-like christians I've met. Your way isn't the way

What about the New Testament? Nothing. Why would they change the New Testament and not the Old Testament. And your responce is typical of those who don't like what they hear. I am not saying that I am "holier than thou" Thats jsut a weak defense tactic used by people like yourself who don't have anything else to use to defend their position so they call someone a mean christian. Give me a break.

That is what I was referring to in my post, so you bringing up the Dead Sea Scrolls is a joke. That was in writing before the Christian religion began. The New Testament floated around in word of mouth form for centuries! The oldest piece found is from 125 A.D. and is only a tiny, incomplete Gospel of John. The oldest semi-complete versions are from the 4th century (still FULL of errors and gaps), but most of the gaps have been filled in the last 100 years. Thousands of manuscripts exist, but they know they were simple copies of a few error filled originals. There is not a full version of the New Testament to date, only an interpretation of what they've found to date.

They wouldn't try to change the old testament because the Jews would know when to fly the BS flag

2005 Ford F150 SuperCab FX4 1964 Chevrolet Impala SS 1998 CSVT: 354HP/328TQ @ 10 psi, now gone
E
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
E
Originally posted by RTStabler51:
Stazi, it's funny isn't it that the anti-profiles come up with these borderline moronic arguments, yet they never say that profiling will not work. The only thing they jump up and down about is that it's not 'fair'.....if profiling didn't work so many would not be for it then.

Originally posted by Stazi:
Dude this is not even comparable. Give me a f'en break. How is racially profiling a black man in a BMW even compare to looking for terrorists who's mission is to bring down a f'en plane and kill as many people as possible - tell me how?

You argument is a joke. Sorry but this is just ridiculous.Jesus Christ people THINK. I bet half of you moron's balled your eyes out and swore revenge on the terrorists that caused 9-11, but now, years later "we aren't allowed to pester the people" that fit the same damned description.

And in any case how many cops do you think even look at balck guys driving luxury cars nowadays? I bet they don't get more than a second glance. It's not like it's 1960 - hell in Detroit every other brother is driving an X-calade wid dubs.

Sorry if someone already replied to this, but...you might try to do a little reading because one of my first posts said it does work. Moronic arguements? Did you not read the post a few down that mentioned 3 reasons along with the others we have brought up? Ive heard of selective hearing, but reading...?

-ivan

E
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
E
Im not one bit afraid of flying, even after the london attacks. It makes no sense to me to be scared. Common sense dictates that you have a better chance of dying (and not accidentaly) anywhere as opposed as flying. Ive got tons of friends that are indian/arab/dark skinned although some may look like terrorists, id have no problem flying in a plane full of them, i guess that unless you're exposed to the common fear, you wont get over it.

-ivan c.

Originally posted by Stazi:
Common sense is no longer common.

Seems like the IQ of this board is dropping into the double digits lately.

Too many people jumping on the liberal band-wagon for the sheer sake of arguing - WITHOUT thinking about WTF they are talking about.

Tell me one person here that isn't more scared to fly now ever since 9-11? Yes, even though there is more screening, AFAIC there isn't ENOUGH!

Totally f'en stupid - especially when a couple of weeks ago the pricks were bombing London - HELLO OPEN YOUR GOD DAMNED EYES! They didn't go away after you shut them and counted to 10. Seriously people lets think about it. Do you want to live....start with that question, then the normal progression from there is: I need to keep myself safe....

E
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
E
Yes, lets not worry about people who have declared war against us. I'm sure they will just go away.

There is a huge difference in risk associated with life and comparing those to terrorist activities. Twist the numbers to fall into your unintellible thought process which makes no sense. I don't think you have a problem with hypocrisy, you seem to have a problem with common sense.

Right now, i have about a .000001% chance of being killed by terrorists, as most of you do too. Im not twisting any numbers into some "unintellible" thought process, i call it reality. If you cant follow the thought process that shows you're not in that much danger while flying on a plane or being in mass transit compared to just crossing the street, then i cant help.

-ivan

Last edited by eyevancsu; 08/05/05 01:52 AM.
G
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by eyevancsu:
Originally posted by gearhead:
Originally posted by Goonz SVT:

Wow I get searched all the time and I dont feel embarassed. Give me a break.

read this:

Originally posted by eyevancsu:
Its very easy for non-arab or non-targeted group people to advocate racial profiling and claim that it makes society better, but how many of you face almost constant (and not just once or twice) and unfair profiling for your skin tone? Its very easy when the shoe is on the other foot, isnt it.

Read this:
Yell at the groups (young middle eastern muslim men) who are committing these violent murderous terrorist acts worldwide and not we who are just trying to protect ourselves from them.......you get that, right???

If you really want to be safe in this country, protect yourselves from the whites/blacks/hispanics which are more likely to commit violent crimes than middle easteners, all you all have been doing doing is pulling a hitler and blaming the scapegoat.
-ivan

Nice bit of racial profiling there....actually, all I've been doing is blaming the people who commit the terrorism....

'99 Sport TropicGreen,Duratec, SVT exhaust, Brembo rotors, Ceramic pads, K&N filters(oil & air), Alpine CDM7874, Polk DB570 speakers front and rear. Fog light mod. 50% Formula One tint.
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
That is what I was referring to in my post, so you bringing up the Dead Sea Scrolls is a joke. That was in writing before the Christian religion began. The New Testament floated around in word of mouth form for centuries! The oldest piece found is from 125 A.D. and is only a tiny, incomplete Gospel of John. The oldest semi-complete versions are from the 4th century (still FULL of errors and gaps), but most of the gaps have been filled in the last 100 years. Thousands of manuscripts exist, but they know they were simple copies of a few error filled originals. There is not a full version of the New Testament to date, only an interpretation of what they've found to date.

They wouldn't try to change the old testament because the Jews would know when to fly the BS flag

Well at least you made it clear you believe the Bible is a sham. Now, could you please explain how Islam does not support killing infadels and the Bible does!

- Tim
G
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
G
I'm just tired of what seems to be a christian dominate attitude that all of Islam is to blame for terrorism, when only a small sect of it is. Christian's cannot make terrorsim an Islamic thing, when they too have partook.

You had to make this a religious debate didnt you? The difference is that the Bible does not say to kill anyone who will not convert. The Koran says the exact opposite. That is was Islam is responsible for this terrorism.

But if Christians were dumb enough to revert to 15th centry beliefs like OBL did, I think they'd be able to do just as much damage "in the name of God".

Point is, they didn't......Islamic/Muslim extremists are.....

'99 Sport TropicGreen,Duratec, SVT exhaust, Brembo rotors, Ceramic pads, K&N filters(oil & air), Alpine CDM7874, Polk DB570 speakers front and rear. Fog light mod. 50% Formula One tint.
E
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
E

Nice bit of racial profiling there....actually, all I've been doing is blaming the people who commit the terrorism....

I figured i covered all groups besides middle easteners with my comments, which others did i leave out?

-ivan c.

Page 16 of 34 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 33 34

Link Copied to Clipboard