Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 34 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 33 34
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by Swazo:
That's because I never said that they are as dangerous as OBL, you twisted what I had said. I said that when someones beliefs are so important to them that they will force them upon others at any cost, they are just like OBL.

You did not say that. You said fanatic Christians are as dangerous as Osama bin Laden. When you say 'force beliefs upon', are you talking about handing out Bibles on the street corner, or killing people who don't believe? I agreed that comparisons between Christians of 800 years ago and Muslims of today could be made, but you insisted the comparison is valid today.

McVeigh is an example of what a christian extremist can do, and those awful abortion clinic bombers/attackers are another.

But he didn't do it because he was a Christian extremist. He killed people at the Murrah building because he was pissed at the government for forcing themselves upon the Branch Davidians, not because he thought the people inside were bad Christians.

The bottom line is that evil doing isn't a part of Islam,

I'm just tired of what seems to be a christian dominate attitude that all of Islam is to blame for terrorism, when only a small sect of it is.

So which is it, evil-doing is no part of Islam, or 'only a small sect of [Islam] is to blame for terrorism?

Christian's cannot make terrorsim an Islamic thing, when they too have partook.

How many times have you said not to generalize Muslims to terrorism, yet you show no hesitation in labeling Christians as terrorists?

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by SVTatGT:
But if Christians were dumb enough to revert to 15th centry beliefs like OBL did, I think they'd be able to do just as much damage "in the name of God".

And when they do, I will be all for profilling them at air ports. WTF is the point to this argument.

To point out how crazy OBL is and his followers are. How they do not represent Islam, that they are a sect and shouldn't taint the rest of Isalm with their 15th centry beliefs.

2005 Ford F150 SuperCab FX4 1964 Chevrolet Impala SS 1998 CSVT: 354HP/328TQ @ 10 psi, now gone
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
But if Christians were dumb enough to revert to 15th centry beliefs like OBL did, I think they'd be able to do just as much damage "in the name of God".

And when they do, I will be all for profilling them at air ports. WTF is the point to this argument.

To point out how crazy OBL is and his followers are. How they do not represent Islam, that they are a sect and shouldn't taint the rest of Isalm with their 15th centry beliefs.

Everybody allready knows this, and this thread is about airports...

Cameron 98 Black CSVT #2958
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by Corbett:

Hmmm, a radical sect of a religion is attacking the US. Yes, yes I did have to bring up religious key issues to debate with.

Funny, Christians have killed hundreds of thousands if not millions of people through out history for not converting to Christianity. But with time, that has gone away. But if Christians were dumb enough to revert to 15th centry beliefs like OBL did, I think they'd be able to do just as much damage "in the name of God".

And again, like I said. The Bible never says anywhere that we are to kill those who do not believe or will not convert. The Koran does says that if someone will not convert to Islam, they should be killed because they are an infadel. And that is why Islam is responsible for this terrorism.

The bible has been rewritten time and time again, before it ever made it onto paper. How many times have people used bible quotes to justify keeping black people from being actual people and so many other reasons to hate and kill? The bible was written by man and so was the Koran. What's your point? When you find something written by God, let me know

People who look to either and come away with an understanding of why someone should die or why they should be hated, is a POS. Those turds need to be flushed like any other out there.

2005 Ford F150 SuperCab FX4 1964 Chevrolet Impala SS 1998 CSVT: 354HP/328TQ @ 10 psi, now gone
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C

But they DO represent Islam because all Muslims read the Koran which teaches them to all do what these extremists do. Why do you keep ignoring this point?

- Tim
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S

Everybody allready knows this, and this thread is about airports...

....and who's trying to attack them

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by Davo:
That's because I never said that they are as dangerous as OBL, you twisted what I had said. I said that when someones beliefs are so important to them that they will force them upon others at any cost, they are just like OBL.

1. You did not say that. You said fanatic Christians are as dangerous as Osama bin Laden. When you say 'force beliefs upon', are you talking about handing out Bibles on the street corner, or killing people who don't believe? I agreed that comparisons between Christians of 800 years ago and Muslims of today could be made, but you insisted the comparison is valid today.

McVeigh is an example of what a christian extremist can do, and those awful abortion clinic bombers/attackers are another.

2. But he didn't do it because he was a Christian extremist. He killed people at the Murrah building because he was pissed at the government for forcing themselves upon the Branch Davidians, not because he thought the people inside were bad Christians.

The bottom line is that evil doing isn't a part of Islam,

I'm just tired of what seems to be a christian dominate attitude that all of Islam is to blame for terrorism, when only a small sect of it is.

3. So which is it, evil-doing is no part of Islam, or 'only a small sect of [Islam] is to blame for terrorism?

Christian's cannot make terrorsim an Islamic thing, when they too have partook.

4. How many times have you said not to generalize Muslims to terrorism, yet you show no hesitation in labeling Christians as terrorists?

1. Did you already forget about abortion clinic attackers/ bombers and even the Aryan Nation? They have their christian beliefs that they force upon the US with force. They use the word of God to kill and to hate, just like OBL chooses to. They may not be AS crazy (or educated for that matter) so they don't take it to his level. I'm not trying to water down OBL or what he has done. People should be able to identify who's really attacking them and it's his sect, not Islam.

2. Yeah, you're right davo. I bet he would've done the same exact thing if it was a Muslim sect being stomped out by the Feds. He just hated the Federal government and that's the ONLY reason he AND others did what they did

3. I'm saying that you cannot blame Islam for what a sect does, just like you cannot blame Christianity for what a small number of them do (Abortion clinic attacks, OKC, or an actual church like the Aryan Nation). I wanted to show that no religion will do things like this, rational people simply are above things like this.
It's the radicals that don't follow along with the rest of the sheep and want to obtain more power within their group by spouting Hitler like BS.

C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
3. I'm saying that you cannot blame Islam for what a sect does,

OMG Yes you can because that is what the Koran teaches them to do. Quit ignoring me. You are wrong!

- Tim
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Scroll up a bit
Originally posted by Corbett:

Hmmm, a radical sect of a religion is attacking the US. Yes, yes I did have to bring up religious key issues to debate with.

Funny, Christians have killed hundreds of thousands if not millions of people through out history for not converting to Christianity. But with time, that has gone away. But if Christians were dumb enough to revert to 15th centry beliefs like OBL did, I think they'd be able to do just as much damage "in the name of God".

And again, like I said. The Bible never says anywhere that we are to kill those who do not believe or will not convert. The Koran does says that if someone will not convert to Islam, they should be killed because they are an infadel. And that is why Islam is responsible for this terrorism.

The bible has been rewritten time and time again, before it ever made it onto paper. How many times have people used bible quotes to justify keeping black people from being actual people and so many other reasons to hate and kill? The bible was written by man and so was the Koran. What's your point? When you find something written by God, let me know

People who look to either and come away with an understanding of why someone should die or why they should be hated, is a POS. Those turds need to be flushed like any other out there.

Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
It's crap like this that makes me a NON-religious person!

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
Page 14 of 34 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 33 34

Link Copied to Clipboard