Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 34 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 33 34
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Last time I checked, Muslims come in other wrappers than just Arab form. Come to think about it, the failed bombings were done by non-arab men.

Also, who bombed the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City?

Terrorist do not simply come from the Middle East or Islamic faith, and setting our defense to combat ONLY people with a Middle Eastern background is foolish. North African's are also known to have actually carried out bombings against the US, just for example.

2005 Ford F150 SuperCab FX4 1964 Chevrolet Impala SS 1998 CSVT: 354HP/328TQ @ 10 psi, now gone
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by Swazo:
Last time I checked, Muslims come in other wrappers than just Arab form. Come to think about it, the failed bombings were done by non-arab men.

Again, like I said, every bomber so far has been a young middle eastern muslim man.

Are you saying the OKC bombing and what is happening today is somehow linked? Becasue last time I checked, Tim Mcveigh was not blowing up our people in the name of Allah. Thats the war we are fighting today, not something 10 years ago.

Terrorist do not simply come from the Middle East or Islamic faith, and setting our defense to combat ONLY people with a Middle Eastern background is foolish.

That funny because so far, every suiside bomber has been from the middle east and of the islamic faith.

- Tim
T
Highly Medicated Member
Highly Medicated Member
T
KEEP IT CIVIL; or take it to PM's.

Semper Fi "They've got us surrounded. Poor bastards." -Chesty
T
I have no life
I have no life
T

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by Corbett:

1. Again, like I said, every bomber so far has been a young middle eastern muslim man.

2. Are you saying the OKC bombing and what is happening today is somehow linked? Becasue last time I checked, Tim Mcveigh was not blowing up our people in the name of Allah. Thats the war we are fighting today, not something 10 years ago.

Terrorist do not simply come from the Middle East or Islamic faith, and setting our defense to combat ONLY people with a Middle Eastern background is foolish.

3. That funny because so far, every suiside bomber has been from the middle east and of the islamic faith.

1. Like I said, not every bomber is Arab. What about Jermaine Maurice Lindsay? He's from Jamaica. What about the bombers in the US embassy bombings? The only thing they have in common is they follow a radical sect of Islam. You need to read up a bit more on the subject since you are incorrect in your broad statment.

2. No, what I'm saying is that wacko religious people come in other flavors than just Muslim, and they are just as dangerous to Americans as a whole. The OKC bombing is as apt of an example as one could find.

3. You're wrong. *Suicide* bombers came in African form in Africa against the US twice, which were conducted by OBL's followers. The crazy sect of Islam does not need it's followers to be Arab, just about any US soldier that was in the Somolia conflict will be able to tell you that.

I do not disagree that the vast majority of extreme Islamic followers are Arab young men. What I am saying is that we shouldn't focus upon ONLY Arab young men, or we will let many attackers slip by. We need better Homeland Security/Boarder Patrol and we need better transit security in every format. There are more than just Islamic Extremists out there to cause harm.

Last edited by Swazo; 08/04/05 07:02 PM.

2005 Ford F150 SuperCab FX4 1964 Chevrolet Impala SS 1998 CSVT: 354HP/328TQ @ 10 psi, now gone
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
2. No, what I'm saying is that wacko religious people come in other flavors than just Muslim, and they are just as dangerous to Americans as a whole. The OKC bombing is as apt of an example as one could find.

Uh oh, here comes the 'Islamic terrorists are no worse than Christians' BS.

The OKC bombing? McVeigh did that in the name his religion? And I'm not sure there are global networks of McVeighs whose goals are the destruction of the United States.

You did not prove that Christians are as dangerous as OBL in the other thread, and you will not do it in this thread. Every time you make these wacko assertions your credibility drops a few more points into the negative. You should quit barking up that tree, it will continue to get you nothing.

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
I agree with you somewhat on your definition. True, not all, os the Islamic terrorists are Arabic. Some are/were African, etc. However, the vast majority are of Arabic descent and have connections to other cells.

And, just an FYI, the Somalia conflict had nothing to do with terrorism.

1. Like I said, not every bomber is Arab. What about Jermaine Maurice Lindsay? He's from Jamaica. What about the bombers in the US embassy bombings? The only thing they have in common is they follow a radical sect of Islam. You need to read up a bit more on the subject since you are incorrect in your broad statment.

3. You're wrong. *Suicide* bombers came in African form in Africa against the US twice, which were conducted by OBL's followers. The crazy sect of Islam does not need it's followers to be Arab, just about any US soldier that was in the Somolia conflict will be able to tell you that.

I do not disagree that the vast majority of extreme Islamic followers are Arab young men. What I am saying is that we shouldn't focus upon ONLY Arab young men, or we will let many attackers slip by. We need better Homeland Security/Boarder Patrol and we need better transit security in every format. There are more than just Islamic Extremists out there to cause harm.

Ryan Trollin!
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by RTStabler51:
I agree with you somewhat on your definition. True, not all, os the Islamic terrorists are Arabic. Some are/were African, etc. However, the vast majority are of Arabic descent and have connections to other cells.

And, just an FYI, the Somalia conflict had nothing to do with terrorism.

I never said that Somolia had anything to do with terrorism. I meant that there were TONS of non-Arab Islamics that were guided by OBL and/or people from his ranks. Just pointing out direct combatants will come from OBL that AREN'T Arab, and the US has come across them.

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by Davo:

Uh oh, here comes the 'Islamic terrorists are no worse than Christians' BS.

The OKC bombing? McVeigh did that in the name his religion? And I'm not sure there are global networks of McVeighs whose goals are the destruction of the United States.

You did not prove that Christians are as dangerous as OBL in the other thread, and you will not do it in this thread. Every time you make these wacko assertions your credibility drops a few more points into the negative. You should quit barking up that tree, it will continue to get you nothing.

That's because I never said that they are as dangerous as OBL, you twisted what I had said. I said that when someones beliefs are so important to them that they will force them upon others at any cost, they are just like OBL. Big difference there davo.

McVeigh & Co. did what they did for many reasons. One prime reason was in response to when the Feds took out the wacko Waco, TX christian cult (Another example of radical nutcase christians, btw). It's not that I'm saying all Christians are evil, that's hardly the case. I am saying that since someone is Christian doesn't mean they won't commit evil or wrong doing. McVeigh is an example of what a christian extremist can do, and those awful abortion clinic bombers/attackers are another.

The bottom line is that evil doing isn't a part of Islam, just like it isn't a part of being Christian or any other religon. Nutcase religious people have always been able to find nutcase religious sheep to follow. Blame who's at fault, OBL and his followers or any other like minded people. But don't make the ignorant mistake of blaming all of one vast religion that has many different forms. As you can see, there are nuts on both sides of the fence. It's like blaming a Baptists for something the Catholics did.

Last edited by Swazo; 08/04/05 08:05 PM.

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Maybe we should make two airports then for everyone.

One with random, non-profiling searches of passengers, and one with heavy profiling and searches of arabic/muslim passengers.

Now, tell me, which one would you want to fly out of?

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
Page 11 of 34 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 33 34

Link Copied to Clipboard