Print Thread
Page 9 of 34 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 33 34
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by RT and his SE:
Originally posted by 99blacksesport:
I think the 3000+ that died in 9/11 would wish the airport screeners profiled that day....

Nationally

In 2004, 42,626 people died in car accidents.
Cars: still legal.

In 2000, 3281 people drown in non-boating related accidents.
Swimming: still legal.

In 2003, 3145 people died in house fires. Cooking is the primary cause of residential fires.
Cooking: still legal.

In 1998, 30,708 people died from gun fire.
Guns: still legal.

In 2002, 2,443,387 died total from various cause in this country.
Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness: still legal...for now.

Except for the gunfire stats (which could be a wnole nother argument in itself) -

- How many of those deaths were murders motivated by religious fanaticism?

none, thank you. accidental deaths have nothing to do with this argument.

W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
I think there's probably 4-5 people in this thread that AREN'T for profiling in mas-tran stations. I wonder if they'd change their minds if they were placed on an airplane with nothing but young Muslim males that WEREN'T checked before they boarded.

And when a string of white Americans go suicide bombing the ME, I'd hope they'd take the same precautionary measures over there that we do here.

Mark

I would gladly.

Being Arab, dark skinned, or whatever is never a reason to search someone. That is not enough to search anyone, that is like pulling a young black person over who is driving a BMW because a young black man may not be as likely to be able to afford said car. (I am not saying this is true, but some believed things like this) My skin color is never enough reason to be searched beyond the extent that everyone else is. That is the problem that people are not getting here.

1999 Contour SE Duratec ATX My feet and the Stra�Ÿenbahn http://www.tempo-topaz-performance.com/topazsho/ the coolest Topaz ever! To bad it's not mine
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Dude this is not even comparable. Give me a f'en break. How is racially profiling a black man in a BMW even compare to looking for terrorists who's mission is to bring down a f'en plane and kill as many people as possible - tell me how?

You argument is a joke. Sorry but this is just ridiculous.Jesus Christ people THINK. I bet half of you moron's balled your eyes out and swore revenge on the terrorists that caused 9-11, but now, years later "we aren't allowed to pester the people" that fit the same damned description.

And in any case how many cops do you think even look at balck guys driving luxury cars nowadays? I bet they don't get more than a second glance. It's not like it's 1960 - hell in Detroit every other brother is driving an X-calade wid dubs.

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by Wien_Sean:
Being Arab, dark skinned, or whatever is never a reason to search someone.

Again, like I said before. It is when every single terrorist bomber has been dark skinned and middle eastern.

- Tim
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
I think there's probably 4-5 people in this thread that AREN'T for profiling in mas-tran stations. I wonder if they'd change their minds if they were placed on an airplane with nothing but young Muslim males that WEREN'T checked before they boarded.

And when a string of white Americans go suicide bombing the ME, I'd hope they'd take the same precautionary measures over there that we do here.

Mark

I would gladly.

You go right ahead and do that. Let me know how it turns out for you, unless CNN reports it first.

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Stazi, it's funny isn't it that the anti-profiles come up with these borderline moronic arguments, yet they never say that profiling will not work. The only thing they jump up and down about is that it's not 'fair'.....if profiling didn't work so many would not be for it then.

Originally posted by Stazi:
Dude this is not even comparable. Give me a f'en break. How is racially profiling a black man in a BMW even compare to looking for terrorists who's mission is to bring down a f'en plane and kill as many people as possible - tell me how?

You argument is a joke. Sorry but this is just ridiculous.Jesus Christ people THINK. I bet half of you moron's balled your eyes out and swore revenge on the terrorists that caused 9-11, but now, years later "we aren't allowed to pester the people" that fit the same damned description.

And in any case how many cops do you think even look at balck guys driving luxury cars nowadays? I bet they don't get more than a second glance. It's not like it's 1960 - hell in Detroit every other brother is driving an X-calade wid dubs.

Ryan Trollin!
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
That is not enough to search anyone, that is like pulling a young black person over who is driving a BMW because a young black man may not be as likely to be able to afford said car.

Not quite the same thing. Say you have a bowl of grapes. If every single sour grape was wrinkled and a different color than the good ones, would you randomly check all grapes for the sour ones? Doesn't make much sense, does it? Sure, it's very possible that a perfect-looking grape could be sour, but your experience tells you it's very unlikely.

EDIT: Forgot a part of my analogy: Yes, you may find a wrinkled, off-color grape that tastes perfectly fine. But it makes much more sense to test that one than it does the good-looking ones.

The type of 'racial profiling' being suggested for searches is not the same racial profiling you're suggesting above, and the conditions are different.

Last edited by Davo; 08/04/05 03:34 PM.
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by akrump47:
Originally posted by RT and his SE:
Originally posted by 99blacksesport:
I think the 3000+ that died in 9/11 would wish the airport screeners profiled that day....

Nationally

In 2004, 42,626 people died in car accidents.
Cars: still legal.

In 2000, 3281 people drown in non-boating related accidents.
Swimming: still legal.

In 2003, 3145 people died in house fires. Cooking is the primary cause of residential fires.
Cooking: still legal.

In 1998, 30,708 people died from gun fire.
Guns: still legal.

In 2002, 2,443,387 died total from various cause in this country.
Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness: still legal...for now.

Except for the gunfire stats (which could be a wnole nother argument in itself) -

- How many of those deaths were murders motivated by religious fanaticism?

none, thank you. accidental deaths have nothing to do with this argument.

The point of these numbers is to show that we are in far more danger from ourselves than we are from terrorists at this point.
More US citizens are killed by guns in our own country in one year then have ever been killed by terrorists on US soil. Can we profile them? Nope! Far to large and politically powerful group. Whisper anything about gun control and you generate a sh1tstorm of cries about rights being violated.
Now I don't have a problem with peoples right to bear arms, I have a problem with hypocrisy.

99 Contour Sport SE MTX KKM filter, B&M shifter No res, BAT kit Green car silver hood (because silver is faster)
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Common sense is no longer common.

Seems like the IQ of this board is dropping into the double digits lately.

Too many people jumping on the liberal band-wagon for the sheer sake of arguing - WITHOUT thinking about WTF they are talking about.

Tell me one person here that isn't more scared to fly now ever since 9-11? Yes, even though there is more screening, AFAIC there isn't ENOUGH!

Totally f'en stupid - especially when a couple of weeks ago the pricks were bombing London - HELLO OPEN YOUR GOD DAMNED EYES! They didn't go away after you shut them and counted to 10. Seriously people lets think about it. Do you want to live....start with that question, then the normal progression from there is: I need to keep myself safe....

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
The problem here is that the American public forgets about these atrocities in one week. If the London bombing happened in NYC/LA every answer would be the exact opposite.

"Bomb these F'er's!!!!! I don't care what has to happen"

Just like after 9/11. Now everyone is back to being PC pu$$ies.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
Page 9 of 34 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 33 34

Link Copied to Clipboard