Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 34 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 33 34
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Ivan, who do you think is more likely to carry out the next terrorist attack on America? A young middle eastern muslim man or a fat black 80 year old woman?

- Tim
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
I'm brown of Eastern Indian decent. Sure I'll be pulled over and searched at any mass transit system. However, I neither find it embarassing nor prejudice. The fact still remains that there is a physical attribute to my skin tone that attributes to terrorists. Those that has done and will do harm to this country. I love this country and I'd do anything for our families to be safer. If this requires setting aside a few minutes for a security screen, by all means DO IT. Does it fixate a false sense of security in this country, HELL NO! The reality is that this group resembles brown pigmentation, facial hair, etc.. Had it been cacuasian and blonde hair, I think those affected should be search just in relation. YOU CAN'T COMPROMISE THE SECURITY OF YOUR LOVED ONES OVER SUCH RIDICULOUS EMOTIONS OF UNFAIRNESS; this kind of crap leaves this country extremely vulnerable!

I can't believe this subject would be debatable. How can you rationally debate the secruity of your family for a few minutes of a security check? Goonz? Your argument is blind-sighted. As a person who takes advantage of this country and reaps the fruits of your labor; I've seen your folks driving Lexus in some of your past posts, you can't be so blind to the situation. This measure makes it safe for you and I to walk out and about, to work hard, make money and live the American Dream (Don't mean to target you Goonz, but I feel pretty strongly aganist your opinion, as another fellow brown, young American).

Sure, one can debate that a security check of all groups should be placed, but this is not plausible with the lack of man-power and technology. So one would have to create a system where those who physically appear to be a terrorist be searched. Hell, I feel less safe right now with this racial profiling BS. I'd rather have people who look like me be searched; I'd feel a lot safer.

Ok--so I promised myself I wouldn't post here until the MCATs were over, but this one got me fired up!

99 Black Contour SE Sport
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by ancientsanskrit:
I'm brown of Eastern Indian decent. Sure I'll be pulled over and searched at any mass transit system. However, I neither find it embarassing nor prejudice. The fact still remains that there is a physical attribute to my skin tone that attributes to terrorists. Those that has done and will do harm to this country. I love this country and I'd do anything for our families to be safer. If this requires setting aside a few minutes for a security screen, by all means DO IT. Does it fixate a false sense of security in this country, HELL NO! The reality is that this group resembles brown pigmentation, facial hair, etc.. Had it been cacuasian and blonde hair, I think those affected should be search just in relation. YOU CAN'T COMPROMISE THE SECURITY OF YOUR LOVED ONES OVER SUCH RIDICULOUS EMOTIONS OF UNFAIRNESS; this kind of crap leaves this country extremely vulnerable!

I can't believe this subject would be debatable. How can you rationally debate the secruity of your family for a few minutes of a security check? Goonz? Your argument is blind-sighted. As a person who takes advantage of this country and reaps the fruits of your labor; I've seen your folks driving Lexus in some of your past posts, you can't be so blind to the situation. This measure makes it safe for you and I to walk out and about, to work hard, make money and live the American Dream (Don't mean to target you Goonz, but I feel pretty strongly aganist your opinion, as another fellow brown, young American).

Sure, one can debate that a security check of all groups should be placed, but this is not plausible with the lack of man-power and technology. So one would have to create a system where those who physically appear to be a terrorist be searched. Hell, I feel less safe right now with this racial profiling BS. I'd rather have people who look like me be searched; I'd feel a lot safer.

Ok--so I promised myself I wouldn't post here until the MCATs were over, but this one got me fired up!

Great post Neil!

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
B
BP_dup1 Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
it could be neither. i doubt john walker lindh was taken in by the taliban and terror affiliates by chance...

personally i'm undecided on the idea of profiling for 3 reasons:

1) it may inflame muslims who were unlikely to be sympathizers before to relate to the extremist pov and give them a larger underground base of support/recruitment here.

2) not sure how effectivene it would be in the US in a post 9/11 environment. everyone keeps a close eye on people of ME/arab appearance. they are under a very close microscope by the general population as well as security forces. suspected terror cells/groups can still be investigated through the patriot act.

3) slippery slope and likelihood of profiling to be abused.

'03 Saab 9-5 Aero
V
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
V
Originally posted by eyevancsu:
Most of the time, hypotheticals are usually not entirely true and are very easy to say.

I agree entirely, which is why I included "Sometimes fate places us in a position where we have to put in more effort than the other guy" at the end of my post. Do you disagree that it would be a good idea for American Muslims to become involved in organizations of the type I mentioned?

E0 #36 '95 Ranger '82 Honda CX500
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Now if only we could get your message through to others.

Ryan Trollin!
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by BP:
it could be neither. i doubt john walker lindh was taken in by the taliban and terror affiliates by chance...

And I dont recall him being a suiside bomber either. In any case, he's an exception to the rule and given the way the guy looked when he was picked up, he looked just like them anyway.

- Tim
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by Stazi:

Great post Neil!

DITTO!

- Tim
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
I think there's probably 4-5 people in this thread that AREN'T for profiling in mas-tran stations. I wonder if they'd change their minds if they were placed on an airplane with nothing but young Muslim males that WEREN'T checked before they boarded.

And when a string of white Americans go suicide bombing the ME, I'd hope they'd take the same precautionary measures over there that we do here.

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
T
Highly Medicated Member
Highly Medicated Member
T
OT:

This has been a great example of a thread that has potential for BS and flaming. Thanks to all for keeping it passionate yet civil.

Please resume dialogue!

Mark

Semper Fi "They've got us surrounded. Poor bastards." -Chesty
Page 8 of 34 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 33 34

Link Copied to Clipboard