Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 34 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 33 34
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Great quote, and unfortnately this type of writing is up to intereptation. I interupt it this way. Am I secure in my own country if the possibility of another 9/11 or terrorist attack? The answer is simply no. Is it unreasonable in today's society for people (note people) who meet a certain criteria to be searched? Again, No.
Originally posted by RT and his SE:

Amendment IV
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

I agree, however, manpower, money, and time are the simple answers. People do not want inconvienced.

Originally posted by SVTatGT:
Why not just search everybody? That is the only way we could come close to truly being safe...

I think therein lies the problem Goonz. I am samrt enough to know that not every Arabic male is not a terrorist. And it is an unfortnate that someone such as yourself who most likely is a true loving Muslim has been caught up in something like this within this country. However, it highlights a problem I believe exists in the Muslim / Arabic community. We (the United States or the pro-profiling crowd) get 'blamed' for such things, when indeed, your community needs to rise up and squash, or at least help, in qualming the radical Islam that gives all of you other good Muslims a bad name.

I for one, am fully aware that the radicals are far out numbered by the good, and believe I understand better than most, the culture from which you live and have been raised in. I did live in a moderate Muslim country for almost 8 months...

Originally posted by Goonz SVT:

what is this thread trying to prove?
that every man with a middle eastern background, or in other words who is BROWN needs to be searched and profiled against?? wow so I guess I need to be searched every whereI go or in airports (like I usually do) just so you all can feel safe about yourselves..

wish you guys could be in my shoes just to see how [censored] embarassing it is to be profiled for this type of [censored], NONE of you guys will ever know its easy for you all just to talk about it but to experience this is another whole story, its degrading..

Ryan Trollin!
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
True, she is just as capable, but who is more likely?

The point is that the 80 year old lady is just as capable as blowing up a plane and 99.9% of the time just as innocent as the muslim guy getting on the plane. All racial profiling does is give you a fake sense of security.

Ryan Trollin!
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
The point is that the 80 year old lady is just as capable as blowing up a plane and 99.9% of the time just as innocent as the muslim guy getting on the plane. All racial profiling does is give you a fake sense of security.

Capable but not likely. Every bomber has been a young middle eastern male and until that changed we should search at least every young middle eastern male. Makes sense to a lot of people.

- Tim
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by Corbett:

Capable but not likely. Every bomber has been a young middle eastern male and until that changed we should search at least every young middle eastern male. Makes sense to a lot of people.

It makes sense to search suspicious people (aka those who fit the "terrorist" stereotype), but it makes absolutely no sense to let everyone else walk through becuase they don't "look the part"

Cameron 98 Black CSVT #2958
G
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
G

Wow I get searched all the time and I dont feel embarassed. Give me a break.

read this:

Originally posted by eyevancsu:
Its very easy for non-arab or non-targeted group people to advocate racial profiling and claim that it makes society better, but how many of you face almost constant (and not just once or twice) and unfair profiling for your skin tone? Its very easy when the shoe is on the other foot, isnt it.

Read this:
Yell at the groups (young middle eastern muslim men) who are committing these violent murderous terrorist acts worldwide and not we who are just trying to protect ourselves from them.......you get that, right???

'99 Sport TropicGreen,Duratec, SVT exhaust, Brembo rotors, Ceramic pads, K&N filters(oil & air), Alpine CDM7874, Polk DB570 speakers front and rear. Fog light mod. 50% Formula One tint.
E
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
E

Sounds like your more interested in protecting you family from arabs (which im sure statistically are less likely to commit killing sprees, rape, murder, pillage and plunder than other groups). I guess at least your intentions are good.

-ivan

Who said Arabs? Arabs are Christian. I am talking about Muslims. And so far every suiside bomber has been a young middle eastern muslim male so why on earth shouldnt we be stopping every young middle eastern muslim male? Because it is embarassing to them? Give me a break! It just makes sence. You can't tell who is arab or muslim, I say stop them all. I dont care about their feelings or even mine. As long as we are all safe. It's not like we are hauling them off to camps like we did with the Japanese. All we are doing is searching them before they get on any mas transit. Sheesh!

Sorry about my politicla uncorrectness, i should have typed out arabs/muslims/indian/pakistani/iraqi/iranian/ egyptian/jordanian/saudis, when i think of more ill type them out too.

Like i said, its very easy for a person like you or me for that matter to say "seach all darkskinded people that arent black or hispanic" because we arent the ones being targeted. And i dont think its just the embarrasement, but humiliation , unwarranted at that, that you want to put these people through, like i said, if the shoe was on the other foot your words might be a tad different.

-ivan

E
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
E
Originally posted by gearhead:

Wow I get searched all the time and I dont feel embarassed. Give me a break.

read this:

Its very easy for non-arab or non-targeted group people to advocate racial profiling and claim that it makes society better, but how many of you face almost constant (and not just once or twice) and unfair profiling for your skin tone? Its very easy when the shoe is on the other foot, isnt it.

Read this:
Yell at the groups (young middle eastern muslim men) who are committing these violent murderous terrorist acts worldwide and not we who are just trying to protect ourselves from them.......you get that, right???

Like i stated earlier, you and the other pro-profilists (not all) are protecting yourselves from the middle easteners, and not even protecting at that, just placing the blame on the popular scapegoat nowadays. What group isnt committing murderous acts that we dont know about, and many more of them? You get that one ?

Why should i yell at any one group for the wrongdoings of a few, i dont yell at the whites for what a few have done and i dont yell at the blacks for what a few have done. Get that ?

If you really want to be safe in this country, protect yourselves from the whites/blacks/hispanics which are more likely to commit violent crimes than middle easteners, all you all have been doing doing is pulling a hitler and blaming the scapegoat.

-ivan

V
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
V
Why not just search everybody? That is the only way we could come close to truly being safe...

We'll never be 100% "truly safe" because technology will never be able to pick up 100% of potential threats. So we need to do manual searches.

With that in mind, why is it worse for a person of Middle Eastern descent to be searched at an airport than it is for me? I've been singled out frequently based on my unusual itineraries and also the fact that I'm a relatively young single guy. But I'm white. One of my business colleagues is of ME descent, and he says it happened to him frequently for a year or so. Then apparently the airlines/TSA eventually marked him as a non-threat/frequent traveler, so he was searched less frequently. So we're basically talking about searches happening not exclusively, but merely more frequently to people of ME descent.

Public transportation is a different animal. People have never been expected to "arrive early" at public transportation centers like they have at airports. It'd be great if there was explosive-detection technology that would scan people without detaining them, but that's not the case. So we need to do manual scans. Setting up an infrastructure to do that on a large scale at every transportation center is impossible. So we do it randomly, target likely individuals, and hope for the best. Likely individuals, like it or not, are young single guys of ME descent. I'm sure those of us not of ME descent will get stopped too, but probably at a lower percentage.

Personally I won't take offense if I get stopped, and if I was of ME descent, I wouldn't take offense, and would instead think about ways to change the factors that have created suicide bombers. For example, if young white guys had an extensive history of suicide bombing, I'd personally be devoting a lot of my free time to organizations which speak out against violence of that type, which address the causes of such violence, or even which attempt to change the policies suicide bombers find unacceptable.

Sometimes fate places us in a position where we have to put in more effort than the other guy.

E0 #36 '95 Ranger '82 Honda CX500
E
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
E
Originally posted by Viss1:

Personally I won't take offense if I get stopped, and if I was of ME descent, I wouldn't take offense, and would instead think about ways to change the factors that have created suicide bombers.

Most of the time, hypotheticals are usually not entirely true and are very easy to say. I could easily say that if a group of white mass murderers came into my college i would quickly run up to them, take their weapons away, shoot them all in the legs and tie them up with the handy rope i happened to be carrying in my back pocket, when in all reality, i (and most of you) would be standing next to the scared females and shaking just as bad.

-ivan

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
I don't understand the embarassment part of this BS argument. I just smile when I'm searched, because I KNOW they are doing it for the safety of EVERYONE.

I'm sorry that the acts of people that are of your religion and who may look like you - bring extra attention to you, but how on earth is a security guard supposed to know "oh that Goonz, he's a goofy kid who owns an SVT - let him through!". Fact is they don't so if you get searched, don't hate the guys searching - hate the trerrorists that brought this on you.

It's not like they are gonna depants you - ram a rod up your ass and parade you around the airport in front of everyone - so I don't see what's so emnbarassing, unless you tend to wear socks with holes in them or something.

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
Page 7 of 34 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 33 34

Link Copied to Clipboard