Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 34 1 2 3 4 5 6 33 34
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Originally posted by RT and his SE:
You said the lives of 3000 should allow us to infringe on the rights of 10's of thousands of darker complected Americans. I'm just trying to make a list for the next knee twitch.

My big point is where does it stop? Hitler's deal looked like a pretty good thing at first but after awhile you were ether on board or dead. The Soviet Union...that didn't go so well either now did it. One of the first things to go in both cases were the peoples personal freedoms.
It's easier to hold on to what you have than fight to get back what you've lost.

Being stopped and searched doesn't equate to a loss of freedom. Well, maybe for a minute or two, but if it makes us safer then we should be doing it.

Use your own quote, I TOO have the right to LIFE, liberty and the persuit of happiness. I don't want that ended because some arab wants to blow up the bus/bridge/building I am on or in and we didn't stop them because we felt bad for hurting his feelings by searching him more closly.

It's not only the lives of 3000, but yes, the lives of those 3000 could have been saved at the risk of a f*cking inconveinance to a few people. How easily we forget just 4 years ago... Those people could have stood a hell of a better chance had we gone with the terrorist profile of arab men. But we didn't, and we paid the price.

Nice job comparing the safety of innocent people to the greed of Hitler and the USSR. Too bad they are nowhere near the same. Hitler blamed money problems and the like on the Jews, none of which were true. We are blaming terrorist attacks on arabs, which is true, they are committing the terrorist attacks. When white men start strapping TNT and taking train rides, I will call for them to be searched. But until then, people of arab descent are doing the terrorist acts.

But of course, you will always have the bleeding heart liberal that will feel bad for the terrorist and not the victims. And then they will claim to be for people's rights, not caring about the rights of the victims of course because they are dead, and the dead can't talk.

"Moore has also accused the American people of being the stupidest, most naive people on the face of the Earth. And after last weekend, he's got the box office numbers to prove it!"
J
JB1 Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
agreed, from a security stand point profiling does work. don't bother debating it.
-and just what are we profiling you ask? muslims. they are by far most likely to to try attack the west in a terrorist manor today.
-what do most (but not all, we know that) muslims look like? mostly dark skinned although not dark enough to be considered black. most of them are middle eastern in origin although they may not live there or have been born there.
-do they generally resemble any other groups? hispanics a little, assuming you don't know what a hispanic/latino/chicano person looks like.
-does this mean that we should ignore anyone who doesn't fit this mold? no
-should we ignore muslims in the interest of not offending people. no
-should we stop all muslims because they fit this mold. no

well gee gosh and golly darn. a little bit of simple reasoning and there we have it. an accurate basic profile of who is most likely to be an fundamental islamic terrorist.

personal real world example:
about a year ago i was stopped, searched via the "pat down", grilled by four sapd cops with another in the whirly bird floating above and (with my permission) my car was searched at 1:30 in the morning because i didn't look like i belonged in that part of town at that hour. the exact statement was, "you don't look like you belong here." admittedly i was fussing with my headlights while driving through the residential area surrounding my apartment so i was attracting attention to myself and deserved the attention i received. after about twenty minutes of proving we were positioned just below my apartment i was released with the only real consequence being my large size number 4 from carls jr was then cold. moral, in the interest of protecting the community at large i was detained and released shortly thereafter. for their trouble i thanked the officers for trying to protect the community at large even though i was inconvienenced. so yes, even when i am negatively effected i support profiling.

00 black/tan svt, #2052 of 2150, born 2/1/00 formerly known as my csvt "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than a sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King, Jr.
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
When did it become a *right* to fly? We all have the *right* to free speech but I don't remember anything in the Bill of Rights addressing the *right* to fly. Last I checked flying, like driving, was a privledge to enjoyed by law-abiding citizens. Therefore I can't see how my *rights* are being violated if someone pulls me aside to make sure I"m not going to blow up the plane. If there are any *rights* being violated it is those of the thousands of innocent civilians being killed by terrorists taking advantage of our system.

It is disgusting that some people make this out to be a racial issue. Who here *hasn't* been searched?---Big friggin deal, right? In fact if you're upset about getting searched then I"ve got wonder... and Goonz, YOU are starting to sicken me. Your posts on terror-related subjects reek with sympathy towards the terrorist cause.

-- 1999 SVT #220 -- In retrospect, it was all downhill from here. RIP, CEG.
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
The thing I find lacking in the anti-profiling people is a lack of an arguement that profiling does not work. They only 'argument' if you want to call it was is that it 'takes your rights away'. Which I find very weak. You are the same people who complain that Gitmo is so inhumane (yet, those prisoners have it way better than alot of US citizens). The same people who claim the war in iraq is 'for' oil.

Sitting back and doing nothing is not going to solve a problem. However, you are the ones who will [censored] about the government not doing anything when the next attack happens. I'm tired of Muslims claiming 'discrimination' because of hte worlds events. Wake up and smell the focking coffee. You aren't doing anything with your own, so it's said, that the ones are, are turned into the 'bad ones'.

Ryan Trollin!
J
JB1 Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by RT and his SE:

My big point is where does it stop? Hitler's deal looked like a pretty good thing at first but after awhile you were ether on board or dead. The Soviet Union...that didn't go so well either now did it. One of the first things to go in both cases were the peoples personal freedoms.

talk about knee jerk reactionism. so figuring arabs mostly comprise islamic terrorists, a group dead set on killing as many westerners as possible=acting like hitler!? hmm, now that is a stretch.

00 black/tan svt, #2052 of 2150, born 2/1/00 formerly known as my csvt "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than a sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King, Jr.
G
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
G
Profiling is definitely needed and makes sense. The only thing I see wrong in this thread is that people keep calling it racial profiling. In actuality it's TERRORIST profiling. It just happens to be a fact that alost ALL the terrorism in the world over the last decade, with few exceptions, happens to have been perpetrated by Islamic radical fundamentalist extremists. It makes perfect sense to devote more of our security resources to the group of people who attacked us on 9/11 and who attacked Spain and London, I could go on, but you get the point. If any of our peace loving Islamic bretheren (the majority, I'm sure) don't like this, then instead of yelling at us, they should spend their energy yelling at the extremists who are comitting and financing the terrorist acts. Don't see that happening, do you? If it was tall white folks of Danish descent (like me), I'd EXPECT to be stopped every time I took mass transit or flew. I, personally, thank the folks for helping me feel safe every time I'm searched.

'99 Sport TropicGreen,Duratec, SVT exhaust, Brembo rotors, Ceramic pads, K&N filters(oil & air), Alpine CDM7874, Polk DB570 speakers front and rear. Fog light mod. 50% Formula One tint.
G
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by Goonz SVT:
this thread sickens me..

You should be sickened by the people who have hijacked the Muslim faith with their extremist views and their murderous terrorism, not by this thread!

'99 Sport TropicGreen,Duratec, SVT exhaust, Brembo rotors, Ceramic pads, K&N filters(oil & air), Alpine CDM7874, Polk DB570 speakers front and rear. Fog light mod. 50% Formula One tint.
T
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by 99blacksesport:

... We are blaming terrorist attacks on arabs, which is true, they are committing the terrorist attacks. When white men start strapping TNT and taking train rides, I will call for them to be searched. But until then, people of arab descent are doing the terrorist acts.

The people behind 9/11 were arabs => arabs are terrorists and should be held under suspicion
Tim McVeigh was a registered Republican => registered Republicans should be held under suspicion and searched regularly

Just for the lovers of statistics: Tim McVeigh himself makes up a larger percentage of registered Republicans than that of the 9/11 attackers of the believers of Islam.
(And most - if not all - of the London bombers were not Arabs).

T.

Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Originally posted by tiv:

The people behind 9/11 were arabs => arabs are terrorists and should be held under suspicion
Tim McVeigh was a registered Republican => registered Republicans should be held under suspicion and searched regularly

Just for the lovers of statistics: Tim McVeigh himself makes up a larger percentage of registered Republicans than that of the 9/11 attackers of the believers of Islam.
(And most - if not all - of the London bombers were not Arabs).

The stupidity of the comparisons in this thread is amazing. Do a count on the number of terrorist attacks committed by whites vs arabs and tell me. And tell me, which of these people who were involved in london are not arab? 1: Yasin Hassan Omar, Muktar Said Ibrahim, Ramzi Mohammed, Osman Hussain. They also had ties to Al-Qaeda; how many non muslim and white people you know in Al-Qaeda?

"Moore has also accused the American people of being the stupidest, most naive people on the face of the Earth. And after last weekend, he's got the box office numbers to prove it!"
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
No you missed the point again!
When people lose their right to (whatever measure of) freedom they have come to know they have also lost their ability to affect any kind of change in their government.(Psst, like Germany and Russia)

Quote:

Nice job comparing the safety of innocent people to the greed of Hitler and the USSR.

Hitler = 6,000,000 Jews killed.
Stalin = A conservative estimate of 10,000,000 of his own people killed.
All these people were guilt? No, all these people were killed by rampant fear. A fear that they would destroy their society. A fear fostered by people like yourself saying "Giving up this one little thing is no big deal it will protect us". It didn't turn out that way did it?

The bill of rights does not discriminate and neither should we.

Amendment IV
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

99 Contour Sport SE MTX KKM filter, B&M shifter No res, BAT kit Green car silver hood (because silver is faster)
Page 4 of 34 1 2 3 4 5 6 33 34

Link Copied to Clipboard