Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
#1349269 08/13/05 01:53 AM
E
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
E
Not trying to get you going. Can't argue with the general principles of how air travels(Bernoulli). The tornado reguardless is a restriction (no arguement). There are others out ther like AIRAID that produce the swirl without the restriction. If you mix the air with the fuel more(better atomization), you will get a more complete burn and a better flame front which makes for a smoother burn. So it is possible to pull more from the same charge being burned. If we were completely burning the air/fuel mixture we would have almost nothing for emissions. With dry intake manifolds on multiport engines, a swirl like this would have a minimal effect due to the air not actually mixing with the fuel as much as a wet manifold setup (TBI and carb's). The machine does print out the results. I think we can spot where I might have used a pen to correct the curve... . I can get the dyno time for free if the engine is already hooked up. I just can't see spending money on somthing this trivial (an outside firm)especially since I don't have it to waste right now.

95 Contour, Custom EVO bodykit, 2.0l, PNP Focus head, Stage 2 cams, Je pistons, Eagle rods, 4in1header, 2.5" header back exhaust(complete stainless), D P nitrous, ram air intake, 10mm wires, flamethrower.
#1349270 08/13/05 06:18 AM
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Keyser, Warmonger, isn't the HP increase that the tornado "supposedly" provides, within a dynos error percentage????

Then dynoing would not be worth it......One of my friends tried using the tornado and lost 5MPG in his 2.5 cougar...piece of junk if you ask me.

On top of that Warmonger is right....the tornado's fins act like a restriction as the air is forced to slow down when it hits them in order to be redirected into the slots of the tornado....you cannot deny the common laws of physics. Preach the tornado all you want...the supposed dyno gains and gas millage is neglagable.

Lupe

3.0 SVT hybrid...all the fixens...Track/Race ready very soon!!!!!! 20,000 + miles
#1349271 08/13/05 07:23 PM
R
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
R
Long time, no see, Roz... Where have you been hiding, or have I just not been looking hard enough?

Ray

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.

#1349272 08/13/05 07:44 PM
D
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
D
really i dont know what you guys are talking about. my tornado increased my mpg by 25 and hp/tq is up 35 respectivly.

then again i also put a resistor into my maf so maybe that helped the numbers too.

Goonz12: <---tries on mommy's cloths
#1349273 08/13/05 07:48 PM
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
lmao....i have been on NECO latly because i went to CougarFest with NorcalCoug...so i have been talking to a lot of friends i have meet over there....

Im just shocked someone noticed i was missing..lol...

But on a side note i have also been looking for some new parts for the Hybrid and the new Jeep Liberty i bought.

SO i'v been busy moding my cars too....But since PnP and finding (or making) custom ground cams for the 3 liter is a long and hard process, i managed to find some time to help put people in there place.

Lupe

3.0 SVT hybrid...all the fixens...Track/Race ready very soon!!!!!! 20,000 + miles
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard