Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by SAV:
Mine was relevant to the subject. Looks of the vehicles has nothing to do with how they are going to perform.

Good job sticking your nose in though. Great contribution to the thread.

-SAV

pretty sure he was being sarcastic when he said that.

Jake 96 T-Red SE V6
C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
i tried to race my ex- girlfriend, she has a 98 corba supercharged. I didnt work well, even when a had a 97ss lt1 she got me, running 12.8 i guess that will happen. I hope to catch her one day with my ls1 and giver it to her ha,

E
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
Originally posted by SAV:
Mine was relevant to the subject. Looks of the vehicles has nothing to do with how they are going to perform.

Good job sticking your nose in though. Great contribution to the thread.

-SAV

Looks do play a part in performance, it is called wind drag....not that I know if the contour has a better drag coeffiencent or not. Does anyone know what it is and how it rates to other cars?

95 SE MTX svt exhaust intake deer killer
R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
last friday i raced a 98 mustang gt automatic with exhaust and i dont know what else. i beat him. he left first too.
if i can find someone with the right shat to upload this vid you'll see it. that was the 14.71 run. i think he ran 15.2........

99 SVT "nice" 14.67 @ 92.6 mph (street trim) FOR SALE contact KEVIN.BOX@CINGULAR.COM http://www.cardomain.com/ride/1592122
R
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by elraido:
Looks do play a part in performance, it is called wind drag....not that I know if the contour has a better drag coeffiencent or not. Does anyone know what it is and how it rates to other cars?

0.33 CoD, or so, IIRC for the SVT.. though that could be off by .2 or so, so don't quote me.

Ray

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.

R
"Absolut Rara."
"Absolut Rara."
R
Originally posted by Ray:
Originally posted by elraido:

0.33 CoD, or so, IIRC for the SVT.. though that could be off by .2 or so, so don't quote me.

Ray

I'll quote you though, I seem to remember the SVT Cd being 0.31 and slightly lower for the std contour body shape.

Balance is the Key. rarasvt@comcast.net
R
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
R
slightly lower as in MORE drag, right? I wouldn't think that the standard contour would have LESS drag (better results), even though they don't have the kit sticking down. IIRC, our car's lower dam, etc, are actually one of the few that are somewhat FUNCTIONAL...

Ray

T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
slightly lower as in MORE drag, right? I wouldn't think that the standard contour would have LESS drag (better results), even though they don't have the kit sticking down. IIRC, our car's lower dam, etc, are actually one of the few that are somewhat FUNCTIONAL...

Ray

No, a lower CD would result in a lower drag. Not sure what the CD is for us non SVTs.

Last edited by Tony2005; 08/03/05 06:14 PM.

"Always do the cheap and easy ones first." 1996 V6 ATX 96K miles
R
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
R
Tony,

I think we are both saying the same thing.

I understood that a lower CD would be better, and I was more or less rephrasing Rara's statement to clarify that he said exactly what he did. You and I are saying the same thing in different ways, I believe.

Don't you ever go to sleep, or away from CEG? I thought I was the only one to stay on here for 8 hours a day, plus.

Ray

Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Tony,

I think we are both saying the same thing.

I understood that a lower CD would be better, and I was more or less rephrasing Rara's statement to clarify that he said exactly what he did. You and I are saying the same thing in different ways, I believe.

Don't you ever go to sleep, or away from CEG? I thought I was the only one to stay on here for 8 hours a day, plus.

Ray

hardly son.....i'm signed on from the minute i get to work 7:45ish till 8 at night..

"Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever."-Aristophanes. --93 pgt,headers,intake,borla=14.9 1/4mile
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  mbb41_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard