Originally posted by path914:
I am in a similar situation (working for SAIC at a Lockheed Martin facility). I work as a systems integration analyst utilizing different simulation software for FMS cases.

Well...not quite. After six and a half years with SAIC, I jumped ship and accepted a position with Lockheed Martin. SAIC was generous with IRAD funds but I was spending more and more time on management functions. I am really not ready to leave the technical work to the â??youngerâ? people yet!

Seriously though, keeping up with the state of the art in machine intelligence is impossible, even more so if you must dilute your day with managerial nonsense.

Lockheed Martin offered me tremendous autonomy and substantial IRAD funding with no managerial duties. That may or may not erode with time depending on the results I generate, but right now it is great.

Does FMS mean "Foreign Military Sales?"

Last edited by JEDsContour; 08/03/05 05:04 PM.

99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 20K miles, "Nice Twin" (factory stock). 99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 28K miles, "Evil Twin" (Turbo AER 3L and more in progress) 96 Red LX, Opal Grey Leather 2.5L, ATX, 22K miles