Originally posted by elraido:
I am a CIS major and have taken the AI classes...cool stuff, but program in Lisp is really really wierd and abstract. What type of language are you using to program in?

C++ and C#.

Yes, LISP is very weird! Manipulating code as data is the most important concept I think came out of LISP. Genetic algorithm genome manipulation (crossover and mutations) is similar to this. I would not suggest learning LISP for anything but a hobby nowadays however.

Believe it or not I used to be a really big fan of Visual Basic. I developed a massive discrete event design environment and compiler for testing software defined radio networking algorithms and agents ENTIRELY in Visual Basic. The user builds the scenarios graphically and can play them back and forth for debugging. The application is called "COMTEST Scenario Generator" and is sold by SAIC for $20,000 a license. The outputs are used to drive OPNET simulations.

I also developed a radar physics and engagement simulator called the "Position Time Sensor Simulator" for a company called SPC. SPC uses this for maritime and space radar modeling (Navy and BMDO) - again all in Visual Basic.

There are a handful of other commercial products I have developed, "Extract" used for automated infrared image analysis at the Naval Research Laboratory indoor Range, "RAMSCAT" a physics based multilayed dielectric performance and design tool (Radar absorbing materials) used with XPatch, "MAM" a genetic algorithm based optimization engine for calculating ship control inputs to successfully transit littoral minefields, "GARP" a genetic algorithm based route planning tool for cruise missile operation in defended areas, â??STAM" a time dependent thermal analysis model for calculating (and controlling) temperature transients in planar phased array radar antennas, and on and on.

I just recently accepted a position at Lockheed Martin Maritime Systems and Sensors to develop various IR&D projects related to a really amazing weapon system concept. Although I am senior staff, I donâ??t have to â??manageâ? anything and all I do is think about technology. I have broad autonomy to pursue whatever interests me. This weapon must be completely automated and must operate in one of the most demanding and constantly changing environments on earth. The engagement timelines are so compressed that there is no possibility for human decision making contributions.

It's my dream job come true!

99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 20K miles, "Nice Twin" (factory stock). 99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 28K miles, "Evil Twin" (Turbo AER 3L and more in progress) 96 Red LX, Opal Grey Leather 2.5L, ATX, 22K miles