Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
K
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
K
So basically that is a FMU. That unit may give you more trouble than you want. It will boost the fuel pressure everytime you get into boost and cause a lean condition in between shifts. It won't just richen up the top end. Are you sure you aren't running out of air metering voltage?

2001 Lincoln LS8 1994 Lexus GS300
R
"Absolut Rara."
"Absolut Rara."
R
gotapex, what you want is a fuel pressure regulator that maintains ~40psi, but relative to manifold pressure, not atmospheric pressure. You don't want a rising rate FMU that increases fuel pressure more than boost pressure increases.

Most stock fuel pressure regulators of late should have some sort of port on them to reference to the manifold; do you have any photos of your existing FPR?

Balance is the Key. rarasvt@comcast.net
G
gotapex Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
G
Hmm, I got to get a picture of that. It's still at my mechanic's place.

Thanks for the suggestions.

H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Originally posted by Rara:
gotapex, what you want is a fuel pressure regulator that maintains ~40psi, but relative to manifold pressure, not atmospheric pressure. You don't want a rising rate FMU that increases fuel pressure more than boost pressure increases.

Most stock fuel pressure regulators of late should have some sort of port on them to reference to the manifold; do you have any photos of your existing FPR?

That's what I was thinking. The Contour has some kind of sensor that shows the difference between fuel pressure and manifold pressure/vacuum. We tried to see if we could get that sensor to do something for us during the EARLY development stages of the SF/ADC turbo kit. Of course, it all depends on how the computer interprets the sensor's output.

-Auto Makor- -Experimentor -Station Wagonor- -Computerizor- I have a foot that is bigger than a foot. SuperChipFOR SALE
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
The returnless engines have a fuel pressure transducer (for the PCM) at the base of the fuel rail.

The PCM has 2 tables with load vs rpm with the variable as fuel pump voltage.

This is how the system regulates overall fuel volume. It has it's good and bad points.

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
G
gotapex Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
G
Well, it's back in the shop getting that stuff looked at. Another dyno run in a few days.

K
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
K
The returnless PCM will alter the fuel pressure map to suit it's needs. Changing it is pointless.

2001 Lincoln LS8 1994 Lexus GS300
G
gotapex Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
G
Is this the transducer?

W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
No, looks like a standard pressure regulator on a return style system. It also looks like that is a MAP sensor in the picture. Does the Noble use a MAF or a MAP or both?

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by warmonger:
No, looks like a standard pressure regulator on a return style system. It also looks like that is a MAP sensor in the picture. Does the Noble use a MAF or a MAP or both?

I believe somewhere above it is mentioned that it is a MAP based system.

04 Subaru WRX "Eurosport bling bling fast and furious tokyo drift" "They have diarrhea of the mouth, and constipation of thought"
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  mbb41_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard