Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
D
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
D
Originally posted by tour96se:
either they changed something or its because of the strut you used...my having to hone the sleeve review was not way off base...i had to do it on mine,and my friends svt...

While stazi was doing the instal and I took one of the sleeves and slid it around the bottom of a removed oem strut to test the oem strut diameter.

It seemed the oem diameter was wider but still the sleeve fit fine.

Is your problem with the dustcap on the oem struts? I had that problem with the spax but the cap comes off with room for re-instal once the sleeves on

Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
well seeing how i dont have those sitting at my desk i'm not sure...they look the same,bushing,spring color,number of coils..etc...

"Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever."-Aristophanes. --93 pgt,headers,intake,borla=14.9 1/4mile
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
yeah,thats the same company i bought from back in december..and my allen key was too big as well

"Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever."-Aristophanes. --93 pgt,headers,intake,borla=14.9 1/4mile
D
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
D
yeah,thats the same company i bought from back in december..and my allen key was too big as well

Yes sir, that seems to be the only problem with the kit imho..

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S

Hello!?

Unless you can say that the kit you bought is I-FUDGING-DENTICAL, then were aren't comparing apples to apples.

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Originally posted by Stazi:

Hello!?

Unless you can say that the kit you bought is I-FUDGING-DENTICAL, then were aren't comparing apples to apples.

...........umm...i'm saying this is the same company i bought mine from.....and i am the reason it says "will not work on svt model".....i can say that i posted a pic of my setup and it LOOKS the same as RD's ebay listing...

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Well it must be the SVT struts that are the issue. Perhaps they are wider than Koni's, Spax, etc.

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
I'd be interested to see how they hold up over the long haul.

Capitol CEG Classifieds Make an offer! 2005 GTO IBM - 337hp/336tq
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Well it must be the SVT struts that are the issue. Perhaps they are wider than Koni's, Spax, etc.

thats kinda what i was wondering...i know they arent any wider than non svt struts...maybe the aftermarket ones are narrower???

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R

thats kinda what i was wondering...i know they arent any wider than non svt struts...maybe the aftermarket ones are narrower???

The tubes on my Konis were a smaller diameter than my stock SE struts. Is that what you're asking?

Function before fashion. '96 Contour SE "Toss the Contour into a corner, and it's as easy to catch as a softball thrown by a preschooler." -Edmunds, 1998
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1, Auto-X Fil 

Link Copied to Clipboard