C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
Originally posted by ryanblacksvt:
Originally posted by chrisilversvt:
thank you brother.

well then both of you mathemeticians and drag experts tell me how much hp it takes to drop 7 tenths then,without using innacurate online calcs.....

and like mx said a 15.9 is a ridiculous time for even a stock svt...period....was this your 1st time trying to drag????i mean what were the conditions etc.?????

do you have both time slips to post so we can see both 60ft.,1/8,mph's etc.????anyone could go out and run ridiculously slow times in any car....and alot of people's 1st track times can be bad as well....

but what we are trying to say is that there are alot of variables you are leaving out...and without all the info your claims are bs.....

i don't care how good a tuner he is it is NOT possible to knock 7 tenths off your et with nothing more than a simple tune it just does NOT add up period....you are claiming ALMOST a full second from just a tune if that was possible don't you think everyone would be beating down sct's door so they too could drop almost a full second from a simple tune????

i am not saying you didn't pick up 2 or 3 tenths,but 7 get real.....there's some driver or other factors involved period...

did i say i was a mathemetician? no i didnt all i was saying is thank you to racer thats all. dont be a hater cause i got what i got. dosent really matter to me if you belive me or not i have proof and there is plenty of people that can attest to it for me

post the slips then big talker...let us see this miraculous tuning job you have then......and if your so confident in your gain,maybe everyone that gets a tuner from wayne should be guaranteed to drop 7 tenths then or maybe they get their money back then...

new,new ride! '99 svt black/mnb '95 mustang gt sold! '98 svt #800 sold!
#1342412 07/26/05 05:15 PM
R
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by chrisilversvt:
Originally posted by racerbox77:
will someone please share how to post vid.

wow that was quick you already got a vid huh?????you seem to be pretty good at finding online calculators and such so it shouldn't be too hard for you to learn how to post a vid...and when and IF you actually get this video proof,i am sure someone on here would be most happy to host it for you....

edit oops mx beat me to it...lol...

trust me you won't have any trouble finding someone to host it..

Im going to race Fri. So before u bash READ!

99 SVT "nice" 14.67 @ 92.6 mph (street trim) FOR SALE contact KEVIN.BOX@CINGULAR.COM http://www.cardomain.com/ride/1592122
#1342413 07/26/05 05:22 PM
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
This is getting pretty entertaining now. This is turning into the thread that Chad started and STILL is yet to post a timeslip. I will say though, that his chances of running a 14.7 are a lot greater than a pretty much stock SVT running a 14.6. Chad's putting down mid 180whp with headers and true duals with intake and chip. I honestly can't see a basically stock SVT doing even 180whp, even WITH a tune, especially through mail order.

As for Ryan dropping 7/10's, it just can't be done through a slight tuning of a once again, nearly stock vehicle. We are still, yet to see any dyno results from his car, or any of HypIllAuto's Contour tunes(not to take away from his ability). I'm sure that if we compared his slips, we'd easily pickup on where his time was made up. Again, just taking 1/10 off a 60' time, will result in ~2/10 at the end of the track. Then there's the driver. I know that my first time to the track was pretty embarassing. I hadn't really raced the car yet, I thought "all eyes were on me" and my legs were shaking like an old man in a walker. I was pulling 2.3-2.4 60' times and running 15.8's stock. As I went to the track more, I became comfortable with the surrounding, was able to learn how to launch the car on the prepped surface, and brought my 60's down quite a bit. So unless we can show that his runs were at almost identical weather conditions, there's really no way to compare, other than by timeslips.

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
#1342414 07/26/05 05:24 PM
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
I call BS on all the caluclators. According to the caluclators my car has 218hp....and my truck has 440hp....WRONG-O

Also, my truck should only run a 13.7 with its current hp...

now your calling bs on my web site? then find another power speed calculator. they all use the same equation.

Ryan Trollin!
#1342415 07/26/05 05:25 PM
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
thank you brother,mark

#1342416 07/26/05 05:36 PM
R
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
R
when I take the vid Fri. ill send it to someone here to post. till then im done trying to convince people.

99 SVT "nice" 14.67 @ 92.6 mph (street trim) FOR SALE contact KEVIN.BOX@CINGULAR.COM http://www.cardomain.com/ride/1592122
#1342417 07/26/05 05:44 PM
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Here's the bottom line.

You have X mods that have proven to add X amount of horsepower. That amount of HP does on all the other CDW-27 platforms does not run the time/trap that you have posted.

Do you not expect the knowledgable CEG folks to question that?

5+3=10

It's pretty simple....

when I take the vid Fri. ill send it to someone here to post. till then im done trying to convince people.

Ryan Trollin!
#1342418 07/26/05 06:05 PM
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
i will post them when i can, i have proof, i dont have to prove it to anyone else. i have been seen by my entire car team, everyone that came to my bbq saw the slips cause they are framed at my house with race pics and my svt certificate. if you dont belive me then thats fine no big deal, dosent really matter to me. a real man dosent have to prove anything to anyone. i know what it did and i know what i ran everytime at the track. what are you running chrisilversvt?????? and why would wayne guarantee anything like that, every car is different. the way everyone drives is different, that was the most ignorant thing i have ever heard.have a good day

#1342419 07/26/05 06:32 PM
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
i will post them when i can, i have proof, i dont have to prove it to anyone else. i have been seen by my entire car team, everyone that came to my bbq saw the slips cause they are framed at my house with race pics and my svt certificate. if you dont belive me then thats fine no big deal, dosent really matter to me. a real man dosent have to prove anything to anyone. i know what it did and i know what i ran everytime at the track. what are you running chrisilversvt?????? and why would wayne guarantee anything like that, every car is different. the way everyone drives is different, that was the most ignorant thing i have ever heard.have a good day

no actually your posts and your ridiculous 7 tenths from a tune bs is the most ridiculous thing i've ever read...and i'm not the only one that KNOWS 7 tenths reduction is NOT possible...so live in your little dream world if you'd like that's fine...

i was not doubting you have a 15.9,and a 15.2 timeslip....we are trying to say that there is more than just that tune making a 7 tenths difference in your et....i'm sure that wayne is a smart enough guy to know that it is NOT possible to gain 7 tenths from just a tune...maybe he needs a better spokesperson for his products,someone that might have a clue what they are talking about...

and btw i run a 14.2 if it really matters in this thread...and fwiw my old svt dirty manifolds and all was still able to pull a 15.6....

#1342420 07/26/05 06:44 PM
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
7 tenths could be picked up without any mods. Just put a different person behind the wheel of a car. So saying that a tune gave you 7 tenths isnt completely all true. Theres so many other factors that have to be accounted for.

Jim Hahn 1996 T-Red Contour SE Reborn 4/6/04 3.0L swap and Arizona Dyno Chip Turbo Kit 364 whp, 410 wtq @ 4,700 rpm
Page 8 of 13 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 12 13

Moderated by  mbb41_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard